jQuery not supported.

Door chimes

Door chimes

Postby WrensLawnCare [OP] » Sep 27 2012, 1:24am

Ok so I wasn't sure where to post this but everytime my abs light comes on and off it does the beep and then for everything else you can think of. I want to just get rid of the beep/dinger all together. I saw somewhere it was in with the speakers but even still i would think that I could snip a wire somewhere or do something to disable it! Anyone done so? This is on a 2003 Silverado 1500hd crew cab
Original Poster
WrensLawnCare
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 18
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2003
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: 1500HD Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Door chimes

Postby TJHOULE14 » Sep 27 2012, 2:57am

Im not sure what the full name of it is called, but for my truck when i changed my head unit to an aftermarket one i had to buy a steering wheel adapter. it was called "PAC" with a bunch of different numbers. after i put that in i no longer had my door chimes.
im not sure if it will but i hope this helps
Banks Monster Exhaust
Spectre Intake
Daystar Comfort Lift
BullyDog GT Tuned
8,000K HIDs
Tinted

Neart agus OnĂ³ir
Win the Crowd
TJHOULE14
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 76
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2006
Extra Info: 2500 HD 6.0 Ext Cab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Door chimes

Postby WrensLawnCare [OP] » Sep 27 2012, 3:00am

Hmmm I bought the truck with an aftermarket HU already installed. I will pull it out and see if it has some sort of module I can unhook. Hopefully so.
Original Poster
WrensLawnCare
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Door chimes

Postby funnytoe » Sep 27 2012, 5:37pm

how often does your abs light come on ? maybe your abs system is acting up and needs to be looked at. also by removing the chime out of the system you will lose the turn signal clicks. if you have a back up sensor it also wont beep anymore.
it could also be the aftermarket adapter . but if your abs light just comes on for no reason from time to time i would have the brake system checked before i would remove the chime sound from the truck.
funnytoe
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Topics: 29
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2009
Group Membership:
Registered users

Door chimes

Postby WrensLawnCare [OP] » Sep 27 2012, 6:35pm

I know why the ABS light comes on and at the moment it isn't at the top of my list of things to get fixed. I have a hub bearing that is starting to go out and it messes with the clearances of the speed sensor and when it does, it activates the abs light to come on and off. I also have an issue that the truck goes into reduced engine power mode at random and it beeps for that too. Along with everything else it beeps for.
Original Poster
WrensLawnCare
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Mobile Electronics