jQuery not supported.

From the basic to all out in dash

From the basic to all out in dash

Postby 2011txsilver [OP] » Jun 08 2015, 5:35pm

I currently have a 2011 Silverado without Bose and with the rugular cd play how ever I wana go to the factory in dash head unit, how hard is the conversion is as simple as plug and play ? ( note I will use a factory dvd navigation unit)
Original Poster
2011txsilver
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: From the basic to all out in dash

Postby BlueSilverado6.0L » Jun 16 2015, 8:38pm

It would be very expensive to buy that radio new. In fact, over $1000 from the dealer...And if you bought one used, the dealer would have to reprogram the radio to your VIN number because these radio's are locked to the vehicle, unless you buy one that's already unlocked. Also, you would have to see if the navigation has a receiver or if it is all stored in the radio. The wiring might be different also...Your best bet if you want to do this, use a friend's truck that has that system and look behind it and see if the plugs match. I think the navigation unit might have to seperate plugs, while the base radio only has 1.
2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L
-Duratrac 285/75/16
-Rancho 9000 XL F&R Shocks
-Volant CAI
-Bully Dog Triple Dog
-Flowmaster Exhaust
-Dual Radio
-Cobra 29 LX CB Radio/PA System
-Blue Led's
-Badland 12000 lbs Winch with Wireless Remote
BlueSilverado6.0L
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2003
Extra Info: 2500HD 6.0L V8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: From the basic to all out in dash

Postby young ginger » Jun 16 2015, 11:31pm

Do a Rosen carshow radio... There's a thread on here about it... It looks really close to stock but more customisable and from what I have read it is pretty much plug and play[url=usr/sites/silveradosierra.com/www/htdocs/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=300546]installed Rosen carshow gm1210 nav unit[/url]
young ginger
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 4
Year: 2012
Variant: All Terrain
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Mobile Electronics