jQuery not supported.

Getting audible chimes (sometimes) when exiting vehicle

Getting audible chimes (sometimes) when exiting vehicle

Postby B_RAD [OP] » Jan 10 2012, 3:36am

Sometimes once 11 GMC Sierra is parked and engine is off I get 3 slow chimes once driver side door is opened. It's not the same fast repeating chimes when the key is left in egnition. I get no info on the DIC since all electronics are off. It seems to only happen during the day. I don't think it's from leaving any lights on (head lights or cabin). I can't think of any reason for this.

Any thoughts?
Original Poster
B_RAD
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLT All Terrain
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Getting audible chimes (sometimes) when exiting vehicle

Postby sparkjumper » Jan 10 2012, 4:16am

It could be the chime that the Bluetooth has been disconnected,do you have your truck linked up to a cell phone? is it a very light chime that you could be missing at times?
Last edited by sparkjumper on Jan 10 2012, 4:36am, edited 1 time in total.
sparkjumper
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: All Star 4X4 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby B_RAD [OP] » Jan 10 2012, 4:30am

I do have my Iphone connected thru bluetooth at all times. I don't know that it's low enough that I miss it other times though. I also have an Ipod connected thru the usb in the center console.

edit. I just remembered it did it this mourning and I didn't have my phone with me.
Original Poster
B_RAD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby sparkjumper » Jan 10 2012, 4:33am

Try leaving your cell phone in the house and get in and out of the truck and then take the cell phone with and try again
sparkjumper
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby LLAMA » Jan 10 2012, 4:34am

my iphone is connect to my bluetooth and i dont get any chimes!!!

shay
llama
LLAMA
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 10
Year: 2013
Extra Info: 2500HD Z714x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby EKinMN » Jan 10 2012, 4:37am

No chimes for me either, and I always use bluetooth. Not sure what that could be.
2010 Sierra All-Terrain. Mods: Range AFM delete, 2.5" level, 1" rear block, 305/55R20 G2's on 20" XD Grenade wheels, soft toneau, and 35w 5000k HID's
EKinMN
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 147
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2010
Extra Info: All Terrain Z71
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users

Postby Chasmanian » Jan 10 2012, 4:43am

Did you by chance bump the lock button on the door as you were getting out? I know my 07 will chime if I do that.
Buying things I don't need to impress people I don't know.
Chasmanian
Auto 4WD Mode [L3]
Auto 4WD Mode [L3]
Topics: 154
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Extra Info: 5.3 1500 4x4
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Postby B_RAD [OP] » Jan 10 2012, 4:47am

I don't think so? As far as I can tell, I do everything the same (narmall driving) and sometimes it just does it.
Original Poster
B_RAD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby sparkjumper » Jan 10 2012, 4:54am

In my truck when I open the door to exit after shutting the engine down I get a barely audible chime as soon as the door opens and I was under the impression that it was the truck un linking from my cell? Maybe I will need to try leaving my cell phone in the house and try it? And I am not bumping the lock button on the way out. It is a much quieter chime than the warning type chimes.
sparkjumper
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby B_RAD [OP] » Jan 10 2012, 4:59am

sparkjumper wrote:In my truck when I open the door to exit after shutting the engine down I get a barely audible chime as soon as the door opens and I was under the impression that it was the truck un linking from my cell? Maybe I will need to try leaving my cell phone in the house and try it? And I am not bumping the lock button on the way out. It is a much quieter chime than the warning type chimes.

This is what I'm talking about. I left my cell at home today so I don't think it's that.
Original Poster
B_RAD
Group Membership:
Registered users
Next

Return to Mobile Electronics