jQuery not supported.

help me find the right radio

help me find the right radio

Postby Maddog56 [OP] » Oct 23 2019, 2:38am

I just picked upped an 07 nnbs silverado 1500 LS. I have been scouring the internet and site trying to find a good plug and play radio for the truck. Most of the information I find is for the later years and most of the radio companies I have checked do not really list much for this 07. I saw a lot of mention for the Eonon radios and have tried to contact them and I am still waiting for response. I was looking at their GA8180 unit. Any help would be appreciated.
Original Poster
Maddog56
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 2
Year: 2007
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: help me find the right radio

Postby 19trax95 » Oct 23 2019, 3:28am

Crutchfield is your friend haha. But that is probably one of the best websites to at least look up what you need. Their prices are usually decent too. Not always the cheapest, but sometimes it works out since depending what you buy they may include some adapters or the like.
19trax95
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 115
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2017
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L Z71
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby doubleot » Oct 23 2019, 12:57pm

Used crutchfield myself about a month and got what I needed. really nice kenwood bluetooth unit with USB. Would highly recommend them!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
doubleot
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 14
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 Ext Cab V8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby roorancher » Oct 23 2019, 1:10pm

I agree. Crutchfield....and they're staff is really knowledgeable.

2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition

82,500 as of 11/1/19

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker

Diablew Tune

Security by Rock Island Armory
roorancher
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Topics: 59
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2015
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby joes74challenger » Oct 23 2019, 7:39pm

one thing to keep in mind is some vehicles have the door and key chimes going through the speakers now so you may need an extra wiring harness to keep the sounds. this would also apply if you had buttons on the steering wheel that controlled various functions of the radio/dash potentially. i didn't know this when i did my 2010 impala and wound up making a last minute trip to the local big box store to buy a scosch chime box to get the chimes back. cost an extra 80 when the harness was only 20 (they claimed they only offered it at the time of the sale i think). the way they made it sound on the site it sounded like it had to do with onstart which i never had or wanted, lesson learned, do more research about which harnesses you need first lol.
joes74challenger
Firing on 5 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 6
Year: 2016
Extra Info: 1500 5.3 V8 LTZ 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby doubleot » Oct 23 2019, 7:41pm

joes74challenger wrote:one thing to keep in mind is some vehicles have the door and key chimes going through the speakers now so you may need an extra wiring harness to keep the sounds. this would also apply if you had buttons on the steering wheel that controlled various functions of the radio/dash potentially. i didn't know this when i did my 2010 impala and wound up making a last minute trip to the local big box store to buy a scosch chime box to get the chimes back. cost an extra 80 when the harness was only 20 (they claimed they only offered it at the time of the sale i think). the way they made it sound on the site it sounded like it had to do with onstart which i never had or wanted, lesson learned, do more research about which harnesses you need first lol.
I feel like they clearly give you all the options at checkout, having ordered recently it had all available options spread out at discounted prices depending what you wanted to pay for and keep.

doubleot
Topics: 14
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 Ext Cab V8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Maddog56 [OP] » Oct 23 2019, 9:29pm

Crutchfield list a boss and 2 jensen units. about a year ago I installed a plug and play radio along with a tailgate camera on a friends 2012. The radio did not have any inputs or outputs besides for the rear camera. What I liked is when the truck was put in reverse it instantly turned the camera on unlike in my trans am where I had to tap into the reverse light power to get that function. That unit also didn't have navigation. I just did not like the price for that unit with all that did not come with it. All in all with the camera they spent close to 650.

As mentioned before when I used the search function here all I keep finding is for the later year model trucks. Now I am not afraid of wiring a radio but I would just prefer the plug and play function. This truck has no steering wheel controls. I got a response from eonon now I am just waiting to hear back again.
Original Poster
Maddog56
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby joes74challenger » Oct 24 2019, 5:51pm

doubleot wrote: I feel like they clearly give you all the options at checkout, having ordered recently it had all available options spread out at discounted prices depending what you wanted to pay for and keep.

I ordered my last stereo 9 years ago. it was a smaller set of text at the bottom of the ordering page with a check box that was easy to miss lol. maybe they updated their page since then, I hope they did.
joes74challenger
Topics: 6
Year: 2016
Extra Info: 1500 5.3 V8 LTZ 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Maddog56 [OP] » Oct 28 2019, 3:22am

eonon said their ga9380 would work
Original Poster
Maddog56
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Onlyina_Chevy » Oct 28 2019, 3:54am

Maddog56 wrote:Crutchfield list a boss and 2 jensen units. about a year ago I installed a plug and play radio along with a tailgate camera on a friends 2012.

Boss? Never heard of Boss HUs. Jensen units can be purchased at Wal-Mart.

Get yourself a decent Kenwood and buy the Kenwood to GM adapter plug...then it'll be plug and play. As far as chimes, I'm a happier person without them, I think it's annoying coming through the stereo system. You're not missing anything without steering wheel controls... it's like an additional 8"to reach over to the HU.
Tracy likes to be man-handled
Onlyina_Chevy
Staff Member
Staff Member
Topics: 299
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Location: Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains...usually in the form of a tornado.
Extra Info: Sounds fast
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Global moderators
Registered users
Servicemen
Next

Return to Mobile Electronics