jQuery not supported.

In-Depth Review of Dynavin GM2007 Navi for 2007-14 trucks

Re: In-Depth Review of Dynavin GM2007 Navi for 2007-14 truck

Postby wottenad [OP] » Dec 02 2019, 9:46pm

akfireman wrote:Walt, I did have a few questions. The GPS Antenna, I saw where said that you reused your old one, is the new one a better model or the same? Do I need to swap them out. Also I forgot to ask about splash screens and how do I access the library?

We would normally always use the new one that comes in the box.

Splash screen access is done via login on our website.
Walt Ottenad
Original Poster
wottenad
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 15
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 1968
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users

Postby SierraLA » Dec 04 2019, 8:18pm

Walt, I also ordered this unit from you with Black Friday deal. Regarding wiring in a front camera. Do you recommend powering the camera with a separate on/off toggle switch or through a RAP source (with relay?). Can the H/U be programmed so that if I power on the camera with a manual switch, it is automatically displayed kinda like when you put it in reverse the backup camera is activated and automatically displayed?
SierraLA
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 4
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2011
Variant: Denali
Extra Info: HD2500 6.0L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby wottenad [OP] » Dec 04 2019, 10:49pm

SierraLA wrote:Walt, I also ordered this unit from you with Black Friday deal. Regarding wiring in a front camera. Do you recommend powering the camera with a separate on/off toggle switch or through a RAP source (with relay?). Can the H/U be programmed so that if I power on the camera with a manual switch, it is automatically displayed kinda like when you put it in reverse the backup camera is activated and automatically displayed?

I normally take power from the left junction block IGN or RAP, your choice. I know of no way to auto-trigger into front cam. I don't believe we have a physical reverse trigger input since it's all done via CAN, so there would be no way of telling the radio to switch over to the cam input unless it truly is in reverse (or you figure out a way to fake the CAN data, which is not likely).

The radio does allow you to trigger the AV input in motion though, and if you wanted that input available from the home screen, you can "drag and drop" the AV input to the main home screen for easy access.

If you wanted to be able to manually switch from front to back while in reverse (on the reverse cam input), you could add a relay that just toggles between the front and rear camera & outputs to the rear cam input. Or you could do both operations (AV input & reverse cam input of the front cam signal) by adding a "Y" adapter and feeding both inputs.
Walt Ottenad
Original Poster
wottenad
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users

Postby Firemanjoe » Yesterday, 11:39pm

Walt, is there any reason that the unit would continue to draw power with the ignition off. Every once in awhile i get a pop from the speakers and/or a droning sound from my sub when the truck is off.
Firemanjoe
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 26
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby wottenad [OP] » Today, 1:55am

Firemanjoe wrote:Walt, is there any reason that the unit would continue to draw power with the ignition off. Every once in awhile i get a pop from the speakers and/or a droning sound from my sub when the truck is off.

Do you have the GM2007 or the GM2007PRO?

I know on the PRO, we just found out it will not shut off the deck if you leave the key in the ignition (good for being able to listen to tunes w/o having to leave the key on - bad for leaving the key in overnight and waking up to a weak or dead battery). The latest firmware (2.0.0.5) fixed a bunch of stuff regarding power management (but did not fix the key-in issue), so be sure to do this update, and make sure to take your keys out of the ignition if the truck's off. They are working on a fix for the key-in issue, which will be another update.
Walt Ottenad
Original Poster
wottenad
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users

Postby Firemanjoe » Today, 2:00am

wottenad wrote:
Firemanjoe wrote:Walt, is there any reason that the unit would continue to draw power with the ignition off. Every once in awhile i get a pop from the speakers and/or a droning sound from my sub when the truck is off.

Do you have the GM2007 or the GM2007PRO?

I know on the PRO, we just found out it will not shut off the deck if you leave the key in the ignition (good for being able to listen to tunes w/o having to leave the key on - bad for leaving the key in overnight and waking up to a weak or dead battery). The latest firmware (2.0.0.5) fixed a bunch of stuff regarding power management (but did not fix the key-in issue), so be sure to do this update, and make sure to take your keys out of the ignition if the truck's off. They are working on a fix for the key-in issue, which will be another update.

Not sure if i have the pro or not. I purchased about 3 months ago. It does it even when the key is out of the ignition. Last i checked, the firmware was up to date.
Firemanjoe
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby wottenad [OP] » Today, 2:02am

Firemanjoe wrote:
Not sure if i have the pro or not. I purchased about 3 months ago. It does it even when the key is out of the ignition. Last i checked, the firmware was up to date.

Did you get it from us? Can't tell who you are from your username...
Walt Ottenad
Original Poster
wottenad
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users

Postby Firemanjoe » Today, 2:16am

wottenad wrote:
Firemanjoe wrote:

Did you get it from us? Can't tell who you are from your username...

Yes, I got it from you. My name is Landon.
Firemanjoe
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to Mobile Electronics