jQuery not supported.

In-Depth Review of Dynavin GM2007 Navi for 2007-14 trucks

Re: In-Depth Review of Dynavin GM2007 Navi for 2007-14 truck

Postby Canyonero » Jan 24 2020, 3:21am

Just ordered mine. Only thing to do now is patiently wait.
Canyonero
Topics: 1
Year: 2008
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L LT
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby wottenad [OP] » Jan 24 2020, 4:48am

Canyonero wrote:Just ordered mine. Only thing to do now is patiently wait.

It's already boxed up and leaving tomorrow - thanks again!
Walt Ottenad
Original Poster
wottenad
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 16
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 1968
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users

Postby Canyonero » Jan 26 2020, 6:06am

Wow that was fast Walt! I appreciate it!
Canyonero
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Canyonero » Jan 29 2020, 3:14am

Just got the unit and installed the bare necessities to get it up and running. So far it looks FANTASTIC. I do have a few questions though since I’ve never installed an after market unit before:
- Did Dynavin ever update the unit to allow for XM integration or do we still need to use the GPS provided (and if so where do I find it)?
- How do you get the unit to boot up when you unlock the vehicle?
- I hear a buzzing noise coming from the rear, drivers side speaker. Is there a wire I need to connect?
- My iPhone only lists BT audio as “Handsfree” and not “Dynavin-N6” as listed in the manual. Is there a setting I need to adjust? Also, the handsfree option asks for a pin which doesn’t seem to be listed anywhere in the manual.

Thanks again!
Canyonero
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby wottenad [OP] » Jan 29 2020, 5:37am

Canyonero wrote:Just got the unit and installed the bare necessities to get it up and running. So far it looks FANTASTIC. I do have a few questions though since I’ve never installed an after market unit before:
- Did Dynavin ever update the unit to allow for XM integration or do we still need to use the GPS provided (and if so where do I find it)?
- How do you get the unit to boot up when you unlock the vehicle?
- I hear a buzzing noise coming from the rear, drivers side speaker. Is there a wire I need to connect?
- My iPhone only lists BT audio as “Handsfree” and not “Dynavin-N6” as listed in the manual. Is there a setting I need to adjust? Also, the handsfree option asks for a pin which doesn’t seem to be listed anywhere in the manual.

Thanks again!

Factory XM works by using the harnesses that come with the unit - nothing else is needed.
The GM2007PRO I believe now only boots with the key being turned on.
If you are getting buzzing on only one speaker, that usually means that the speaker has an issue, since if it was an issue in the radio's right channel for instance, it would be the same on the front and rear speaker on that side.
The manual is old regarding being named "N6" - this is the N7PRO version. The code for Bluetooth is almost always 1234 or 0000 for aftermarket head units.
Walt Ottenad
Original Poster
wottenad
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users

Postby roty » Jan 30 2020, 9:43pm

Are there any active discount codes for this unit at this time?
Also what would be the recommended camera as a second camera for the front of my 2012 Silverado?
roty
Year: 2012
Variant: LT
Extra Info: regular cab short be
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby wottenad [OP] » Jan 31 2020, 12:12am

roty wrote:Are there any active discount codes for this unit at this time?
Also what would be the recommended camera as a second camera for the front of my 2012 Silverado?

We don't have any discounts on the unit right now - last one was Black Friday.

We usually go with the Rostra 300-LPB https://www.adcmobile.com/product/rostra-300-lpb/ but any RCA output camera can work.
Walt Ottenad
Original Poster
wottenad
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users

Postby roty » Feb 18 2020, 4:43pm

I would like to see reviews of the N7PRO with the latest firmware installed from recent customers.

If anyone has pictures of the installed devices such as mic, additional USB ports and GPS antenna I would love to see them. Good locations to install these devices is of great interest to me.

Being a spoiled Garmin user for many years I would like to hear how folks like the iGO system.

Any chance Dynavin will incorporate the use of the factory mic?

Thanks in advance for any replies as this will be a huge deal for a retiree (me).
roty
Year: 2012
Extra Info: regular cab short be
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby wottenad [OP] » Feb 19 2020, 4:35am

roty wrote:I would like to see reviews of the N7PRO with the latest firmware installed from recent customers.

If anyone has pictures of the installed devices such as mic, additional USB ports and GPS antenna I would love to see them. Good locations to install these devices is of great interest to me.

Being a spoiled Garmin user for many years I would like to hear how folks like the iGO system.

Any chance Dynavin will incorporate the use of the factory mic?

Thanks in advance for any replies as this will be a huge deal for a retiree (me).

On almost every install we do, I will always advise you to put the mic centered at the front of the headliner and either clipped to the headliner, or (even better) zip-tied to the harness feeding the mirror so that it "hangs" down. The reason behind this is to eliminate any chance that vehicle vibrations will make it into the mic, as that is the kiss of death for sound quality. That's the reason that most factory mics are embedded into the headliner or isolated from the vehicle somehow.

There is no aftermarket system that I am aware of that uses the internal factory mic, as that has to stay connected to factory Bluetooth or OnStar.

The GPS antenna mounts in the factory spot under the defroster trim - you just pop the clips at the rear edge of that trim and you'll see a little tray directly in front of the right side defroster vent. You do not have to pull the whole trim piece to gain access.
Walt Ottenad
Original Poster
wottenad
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users

Postby skp05 » Yesterday, 2:37pm

I have had a Dynavin N7 radio for about 6 months. 2007 NBS LTZ Crew. Previously I had a Rosen GM1210. Purchased both from ADCmobile via Amazon. 1st off, Walt's support is great. Would recommend ADC always.
I am also on the latest update 2.0.0.6.
Unit has come a long way with 4-5 updates since install.

Good:
Radio overall appearance looks factory
Fits in dash opening very well
Bluetooth playback is very nice
Sound quality good
Nice to be able to add AM/FM station preset artwork/logo
Android auto
Being able to cancel warning tones :)

Improvement areas:
Radio has alternator whine thru AMP- known issue with GM Trucks. Had similar issue with Rosen GM1210. Believe it comes from the rear seat audio controls( even with the N& not using the rear audio)
XM radio- When you start vehicle in garage, (no XM signal) the unit acts like you don't have XM at all. Typically have to power unit off/on and SAT lights up again and works.
XM radio- Walt sent me a filter for the XM playback noise, which was a 90% improvement to noise.
Fonts are really small for radio (AM/FM/SAT). I added artwork to the FM stations, but SAT doesn't allow for that. :(
bluetooth phone- Mic is exactly where Walt asked it to be installed. Doesn't work too well
Radio becomes confused when door opens/closes during key cycle( starting vehicle with door open). Unit seems challenged by BCM signal from truck. Unit display will go dark but play while going down road. Cycle with power button and corrects
USB connection doesn't charge fast and loses battery while plugged in with Galaxy s9
skp05
Year: 2007
Extra Info: 6.0 MAX
Group Membership:
Registered users
PreviousNext

Return to Mobile Electronics