jQuery not supported.

Issues with OEM radio

Issues with OEM radio

Postby Bmaher36 [OP] » Mar 25 2020, 9:44pm

Hey guys,
I have the big (8 inch?) MyLink touchscreen in my 2016 Silverado. A few days ago it started acting up. During a little more than half of my trips, the touchscreen pretty much stops working. The screen shows everything as usual, but it stops responding to touch. Oftentimes, while I'm not pressing anything, it will change to another screen and keep beeping as though I'm touching it. I'm scared that there may be a physical issue with the digitizer in the screen itself. However, there are those trips where I have no issues at all, which gives me hope that there is a software or electrical issue (something I can fix myself or have repaired for a low cost). It just depends on the day, honestly. Is there a way to manually update or reinstall the program? I've tried clicking all of the "restore to factory settings" options to no avail. I've also tried the button that is supposed to save my system information to a flash drive, but it does not work properly. I am an electrician and am also pretty good with computers, so if there is something than I can try to do myself, I will be more than happy to try it. Any recommendations? Thanks!
Original Poster
Bmaher36
Topics: 1
Year: 2016
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: LT
Extra Info: 1500 5.3 Crew 2WD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Issues with OEM radio

Postby roorancher » Mar 26 2020, 12:12am

Nor much you can do yourself except restore factory settings.
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for about 10 or 15 minutes to see if that does anything?
Disconnect both terminals, then turn your headlight switch on. That will discharge any capacitors in the system. Wait about 15, turn the lights back to auto, and reconnect. See it that helps....If not, may have to go to the dealer for an update or reflash......
Or....you might try calling White Auto Media Services. Their customer service is top notch, and they may be able to help.

2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition

91300 miles 3/1/20

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker-Winjet/DD HIDs pending

Diablew Tune
roorancher
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 85
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Mobile Electronics