jQuery not supported.

Need help with amp for 10" subs

Re: Need help with amp for 10" subs

Postby adriver » Jan 11 2020, 2:23am

Pak713 wrote:If he’s on a budget he’ll be fine with a small amp. Also it doesn’t cost $100 for a line out converter. Sure it won’t sound like a $1000 or more system like your describing but I think it will give him what he’s looking for. Bass. Will it sound awesome? Probably not but would provide extra bass which I think he’s looking for. But I can tell the op this. You will find once you install the amp and subs you’ll just be wanting more. You’ll be upgrading your door speakers and hu most likely. But if you’re happy with the outcome with just subs and an amp that’s up too you.

Just to give you an idea My system consist of a Rockford Fosgate 10 inch sub $75, a custom made box made by sub thump $140, a kenwood 400 watt max 150 watt rms amp $65, new rear door and front door speakers Rockford Fosgate $100, 4 gauge power and ground wire $50, rca cables $15, kenwood ddx375bt head unit and install kit $200, and a line level input or bass knob $20. It sounds decent. So yes it can add up especially trying to find a 350rms amp which will be quite the buy itself. But like I said if your just looking for a little bass you could even get by with a 250 watt rms amp. But you’ll still need a wire kit, loc (line out converter), and a box unless you have one.

Go away. I was trying to help the OP look at the bigger picture. I overestimated, but they should know what they are in for.
adriver
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 19
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2002
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Reg cab 2wd 4.8 5spd
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Need help with amp for 10" subs

Postby Pak713 » Jan 11 2020, 3:00am

Lol! Go away, yeah ok. :lol:
1.5” Motofab leveling kit
1.25” RC body lift
275/70/18 Falken Wildpeak AT3
Diablew Tune
Pak713
Shifting into Second Gear [L3]
Shifting into Second Gear [L3]
Topics: 108
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: LT 5.3 Flex fuel Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to Mobile Electronics