jQuery not supported.

New touchscreen head unit

New touchscreen head unit

Postby Pak713 [OP] » Jan 16 2020, 2:11am

So I’m thinking of upgrading my head unit again in my 2011. I currently have the Kenwood ddx375bt touchscreen. To be honest it sounds ok. I have Rockford Fosgate door speakers and subs. Anyway I was wondering if anyone has used the Eonon GA9380 touchscreen. The stereo looks factory. Most of the reviews on them are good with some bad in between. I was originally going to go with the pioneer mvh-av251bt. It has car play which is the main function I really want. Also has a 7 inch screen. No DVD player though, which really doesn’t matter since I haven’t ever used the DVD player on my kenwood. I’m really interested about the eonon. Just because it looks so factory. Curious to how the sound quality is on them. I’ve always been a kenwood guy in the past when it came to head units, but honestly this one I currently have hasn’t really impressed me.
1.5” Motofab leveling kit
1.25” RC body lift
275/70/18 Falken Wildpeak AT3
Diablew Tune
Original Poster
Pak713
Shifting into Second Gear [L3]
Topics: 105
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: LT 5.3 Flex fuel Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: New touchscreen head unit

Postby Zrock » Jan 16 2020, 6:28am

I had one of the universal eonon units in my 03 for the last 2 years... it was a good sounding unit and worked great until I started having software issues. They sent me new firmware that fixed all the issues except for spotify. And my bluetooth was buggy . they never could fix the issue as eonon is just a middle man they have no real tech support or know anything about their units. Now 3 months after my warranty is up the display crapped out. I figure it froze since it's around-20. I contacted support and they told me the unit is discontinued and I should buy a new unit. They did not even offer me a discounted price on a new one or anything... I even found stock in the us on my model... now I'm looking for a alternative.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Zrock
Topics: 52
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2003
Extra Info: 5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Contra » Jan 16 2020, 7:36am

No I never have but I have had the Pumpkin and a Joying. I liked the Pumpkin a bit more, it has NAV built in and bluetooth works very well.
Contra
First Responder
First Responder
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 16
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2017
Extra Info: Double Cab 1500 4WD
Group Membership:
Registered users
First Responders

Postby Pak713 [OP] » Jan 16 2020, 12:00pm

Well sounds like I might stick with the pioneer then.
1.25” RC body lift
Diablew Tune
Original Poster
Pak713
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby MooseKnuckles » Jan 16 2020, 3:06pm

I have an old Eonon unit, not sure the exact model, but it's a least 2 model generations old for our trucks.
I've been tempted to upgrade to the newest model which has a bigger screen (due to smaller bezels) better Bluetooth, faster, and in generally more functionality. The only sticking point is the Eonon gen before the current one had fast boot, where it would completely start up in under 5 seconds. My old unit, and the newest is back to a conventional boot time of 25-30 seconds. Not the end of the world, but in my case of 'upgrading' I'd like a full out upgrade and not drag along an old annoyance.

There are other companies like Pheonix that makes a big boy 12" screen that I am also tempted to try out. Their software when they first came out for the 2014-2018 trucks was buggy, but I've read it is much improved so I'm guessing it has also improved now that they have also released a unit for our 2007-2013 trucks. You can even add 360 camera to this unit
https://www.phoenixautomotiveinc.com/co ... -2007-2014

What I do with my phone so I always have a hot spot, is I have my phone (needs to be android phone to have this functionality) is that as soon as my phone auto connects to my truck bluetooth, it then fires up a wifi hotspot. Easy peasy. Google Maps, streaming music, google assistant, etc. all directly through the truck
Diablew - Bilstein 5100 FR - Rancho 5000X RR- 14+ Corner Step - 275-65-18 TerrainContact - PowerStop Z36 - BakFlip FiberMax - Ghetto CAI with Airaid dry - Straight Pipe - Eonon Android HU
MooseKnuckles
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Topics: 48
Year: 2012
Extra Info: LTZ 5.3 Crew 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Pak713 [OP] » Jan 16 2020, 3:21pm

That’s actually not a bad price for the one from Phoenix. I don’t have that dash though.
1.25” RC body lift
Diablew Tune
Original Poster
Pak713
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Zrock » Jan 16 2020, 5:01pm

Iv been looking at the atoto to replace my defective unit... Lots of good rivews and so far seems like it could be a solid unit for the price.
Zrock
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Zrock » Yesterday, 1:30am

Just installed the new stereo and dam its fast.. as fast as I can start the truck the stereo is running.. even the mounting brackets that came with it bolted right up on my 03 once I cut the centering tabs out. Only having one issue with contacts syncing but I'm sure I'll get that figured

Zrock
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Pak713 [OP] » Yesterday, 2:22am

So the new unit you went with was the atoto? Got any pics? How big of screen? CarPlay? Almost forgot the most important part, how is the sound quality? I know the pioneer I had before the kenwood was way better sounding than my current kenwood. But I really like the way these android units look in the dash of our trucks. No mounting kit required and look like they came that way from factory.
1.25” RC body lift
Diablew Tune
Original Poster
Pak713
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Zrock » Yesterday, 2:32am

I just went with the 7" screen was thinking about the 10 but really don't have a use for it.. their website has all the models on it as I'm sure u have found. Then jump over to amazon as the price is slightly better.. had it here in 2 days and that's unheard of in my area... I find the sound is far better than my other especially the sub.. I'm going to have to go adjust my amp to clean it up a bit...

Zrock
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Mobile Electronics