jQuery not supported.

OEM Nav Part #/Compatibility

OEM Nav Part #/Compatibility

Postby RRDave [OP] » Sep 27 2019, 1:24pm

Folks,

I have a 2012 Silverado LT with the non-bose stereo with a factory USB connection in my center console.

I'm looking to upgrade to the OEM Nav Unit and add the OEM backup camera. I'd like to do so while maintaining the use of the USB in the console.

I'm done extensive search and have the following questions:

- Does anyone have a part #(s) of the compatible units?
- If not, does anyone know of models/years that are compatible? ie: is every nnbs, non-bose stereo interchangeable?
- Do I need anything other than the head unit to maintain all my factory options? (usb, onstar, door chimes, steering wheel control, nav)

As always, thanks for the input.
Original Poster
RRDave
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 6
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2012
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 LT Z71 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: OEM Nav Part #/Compatibility

Postby Firemanjoe » Sep 28 2019, 5:30am

Just my $0.2. I think you’ll have better luck with an aftermarket unit/camera. I just installed the dynavin with the camera source back up camera in my 11’ crew cab. Walt at ADC mobile has been great and even answers the phone when you call. The unit looks factory but has more features and is better made, plus it has a HD camera in a factory tailgate bezel.
Firemanjoe
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 26
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 30birdy » Dec 30 2019, 8:41pm

I'm not sure if I have a Bose unit in my 2011 Sierra, how do you tell? I was given a fully functioning 2009 Gm Nav unit from a Sierra. Would this be a plug and play conversion or would the VIN need to be programmed or other modules need to be added to function? Anyone ever done this before?
30birdy
Topics: 2
Year: 2011
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 6.2L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby RRDave [OP] » Dec 30 2019, 9:31pm

Firemanjoe wrote:Just my $0.2. I think you’ll have better luck with an aftermarket unit/camera. I just installed the dynavin with the camera source back up camera in my 11’ crew cab. Walt at ADC mobile has been great and even answers the phone when you call. The unit looks factory but has more features and is better made, plus it has a HD camera in a factory tailgate bezel.

Thanks for this input. I definitely like the factory look. Does it retain all the factory items (onstar, steering wheel controls, in console USB etc)?
Original Poster
RRDave
Topics: 6
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2012
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 LT Z71 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Mobile Electronics