jQuery not supported.

Radio and door chimes not working right

Radio and door chimes not working right

Postby pooba [OP] » Feb 05 2012, 7:11pm

Ok here is a weird one. Have a 07 silverado with factory radio and cd player.

Radio works and then does not work. Or I should say it works but at a very low volume level and only through the roof post speakers. Also noticed that when the radio is haveing this issue the open door chimes also are very weak or do not work.

Then it may come on and everything works. Very fustrating.
Original Poster
pooba
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: Max Tow 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Radio and door chimes not working right

Postby ASTE25 » Feb 05 2012, 9:34pm

My guess would be the radio is defective. In these vehicles a lot of things run through the radio.
Jordan
ASTE25
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 19
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
SilveradoSierra Guru
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Postby WingNut » Feb 07 2012, 12:28am

Got to be ther radio. I have a similar problem but with just the front channels.
Marine because.

WingNut
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Topics: 55
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2004
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L 2WD
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby smartchic » Jan 09 2014, 7:36pm

I had similar problems. One day no radio and also no chimes, since the sound comes through the speakers. I also had a noise sounding like a muffled air leak coming from the passenger side. It was intermittent of course, making it hard to diagnose.
My brother-in-law looked under the hood and said my alternator was making noise, and it was probably the bearings. I had it replaced and to my surprise, radio back on and working better than ever. The pulley on or next to the alternator needed to be replaced also, since it was the cause, most likely from bearing down on the alternator for so long. But I do have 318,000 miles on my truck and never had the alternator replaced. Nothing led us to believe it was the alternator. It was a quick fix and now everything is brighter, including my headlights, which I didn't really notice until now.
Hopefully that helps some people out! :D
smartchic
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2004
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: HD 2500 4x4
Group Membership:
Newly registered users
Registered users

Return to Mobile Electronics