jQuery not supported.

Radio shuts off when key is turned off

Radio shuts off when key is turned off

Postby pvoltmer [OP] » Mar 12 2012, 5:35am

So, I just now realized that my radio shuts off whenever I shut my key off, but my windows and everything still work correctly (RAP). I replaced my black handles with the chrome ones. Is there maybe something that I hooked up wrong in the door panel (for the window buttons and everything) that changed that? Or is there something that I did otherwise that made it not work?

It is a 2009 silverado 1500 LT

Thanks in advance!
2015 Silverado 1500 Crew LT Z71
Tungsten Metallic
Leveling Kit
285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grappler
Original Poster
pvoltmer
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 15
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Radio shuts off when key is turned off

Postby hevyrockerdk » Mar 12 2012, 10:38am

I personally wouldn't mind so much if mine did that, but on the other hand, it's not working as GM intended. So I see where you're coming from.

I usually open my door before I cut my engine off anyway, I'm not a huge fan of the radio staying on after I turn off the key.

I don't think replacing the door handles would have anything to do with it, but then again, now that I think of it, the radio does cut off when the door handle is pulled. But seeing as your windows still continue to work, that doesn't make sense that replacing the door handles would be the cause of this.

Do a test real quick, and turn on the truck, shut it back off again, check the window power, and then pop the door and close it again, check the windows again. If they still move, you might have to recheck your wiring.

The chrome door handles do sound nice though, I'd love to see some pictures of them.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye...then it's fun and games you can't see anymore."
---James Hetfield
hevyrockerdk
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Combustion on 7 pistons [L2]
Topics: 20
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2004
Extra Info: 1500 LS 5.3L V8 4x2
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby pvoltmer [OP] » Mar 12 2012, 2:29pm

I plan on trying this when I get home..

They handles are nice, were easy to put in. But I wasn't paying attention and there are more than the required slots for the wire harnesses, and they can fit in multiple ones. :?

6923'

There are the handles! I put a leveling kit on as well, but that was after the picture was taken.
Tungsten Metallic
Leveling Kit
Original Poster
pvoltmer
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby pvoltmer [OP] » Mar 13 2012, 5:10am

Ended up taking the window button panel off..unplugged everything and plugged it back in. It works now... :?: Guess I didn't have something completely pushed in ...it works that's all that matters!
Tungsten Metallic
Leveling Kit
Original Poster
pvoltmer
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby hevyrockerdk » Mar 13 2012, 11:21am

stuff happens sometimes, man. Good to know it all works again! They look really nice on your truck!
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye...then it's fun and games you can't see anymore."
---James Hetfield
hevyrockerdk
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Topics: 20
Year: 2004
Extra Info: 1500 LS 5.3L V8 4x2
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby pvoltmer [OP] » Mar 13 2012, 3:13pm

Thanks! I need to take a picture now with the leveling kit on. Makes it look so much better!
Tungsten Metallic
Leveling Kit
Original Poster
pvoltmer
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Mobile Electronics