jQuery not supported.

Sub/amp install 16 Bose with active noise cancell

Sub/amp install 16 Bose with active noise cancell

Postby Classic25 [OP] » Sep 16 2016, 2:04pm

So in addition to upgrading just the rear speakers Im going to bite the bullet and get the JL Audio stealthbox and a JL 750/1 amp to wire into the bose system. I know alot of guys says its way overpriced but Im. JL guy through and through and thats what Ive put into every car Ive ever owned. Im planning on cutting the stock sub wires between the amp and stock sub and using the bose sub wires as high level inputs on amp. I see most guys are just tapping a ignition powered post in the dist box under the steering wheel as well. My concern is the active noise cancellation as my truck does have the 6.2. I see some older posts from 14/15 about the ANC but nothing recent. Is the solution to just cut the wires going to center rear Mic in the headliner. Anything else I need to look out for. Ive wired up alot of car steroes through the years so Im mechanically inclined in that dept. Thanks!!

Dave
Original Poster
Classic25
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 16
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2016
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Sub/amp install 16 Bose with active noise cancell

Postby Classic25 [OP] » Sep 16 2016, 2:41pm

Also can anybody confirm these twisted wires in pass side harness are in fact the sub wires from Bose amp to stock sub?
Attachments
image.jpeg
Original Poster
Classic25
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Luke21 » Sep 16 2016, 5:42pm

Those look like the ones I tapped for my Kicker sub install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Luke21
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2010
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: LTZ
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Classic25 [OP] » Sep 17 2016, 5:28pm

I assumed those were the right wires. Doesnt seem that theyve changed colors from 2014 thru present. Anybody with some knowledge of this ANC system. I popped the mic cover off but doesnt seem like i can get to the wiring easily that way. Id rather not pull headliner down if at all possible. Has anybody popped cover off and just put some electrical tape over the mic then popped cover back on?

Thanks
Dave
Original Poster
Classic25
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby atxltz » Feb 06 2017, 5:19am

I know this is an older post but I'm experiancing a similar intermittant bass tone while driving. All this started after installing my amp and subs. I tapped into the blue and grey wires for the bass signal(2015 Z71 LTZ crew cab w/6.2. I've hooked up 2 10's paralell and running a mono amp)It sounds good while idling in park but in gear and driving , I get a low bass tone that I'm assuming it's part of the active noise cancelling feature. What's the fix for this? Should I simply get the signal from a different speaker and if so, which one? THANKS!!
atxltz
Topics: 7
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2015
Extra Info: Z71-LTZ
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Classic25 [OP] » Feb 07 2017, 11:36am

Theres a wire in that harness with the sub wires thats a light purple color. I no longer have the pic though. Its a crankshaft replicated signal wire that lets the amp know what rpm your engine is at. That apparently operates the ANC system. I cut it at time of install and have never had the issue your're describing so I guess that would be your fix. Hope that helps you.

Dave
Original Poster
Classic25
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby atxltz » Feb 08 2017, 7:07am

Thanks Classis25. It would be great if someone had the wiring diagram for the BOSE amp in a 14-16 Silverado that shows all the connectors. Anyone else have a fix for the bass feedback from the active noise system after amp install?
atxltz
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby atxltz » Feb 10 2017, 5:17am

Thanks again Classic25. You are correct. I located the purple wire you're talking about. GM calls it violet and it has a dark blue stripe(VT/D-BU) in the third connector(T3) 2nd pin. I found some good pictures and a write up on a Tahoe/Yukon forum http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/ ... ise.68410/ I cut it and the ANC feedback is gone.
Here's a picture of the T3 connector.
atxltz
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Mobile Electronics