jQuery not supported.

Subwoofer options NOT under the rear seat

Re: Subwoofer options NOT under the rear seat

Postby deathphoenix99 » Sep 08 2014, 1:30pm

My repsonse was to Kempy, not the post right above mine, we both posted at the same time.
deathphoenix99
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
Topics: 31
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: SCLB 4.3L LS
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby jjg214 » Sep 08 2014, 2:16pm

Rob_L wrote:You could swap out the center seat or get a used console with sub (and replace the Bose speaker with something decent). Just thoughts...

Do you know what kind of power is supplied to the bose speaker with a factory set up? and what diameter the speaker is. Id like a little more low end than what the bose offers, and if it would be easy to put a higher quality speaker in there I would do that.

Basically im trying to figure out what speaker in particular would work well, essentially a "plug and play" type deal.
jjg214
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 6
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2009
Extra Info: 4x4 Z71 LTZ 1500
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby BatWolf » Sep 08 2014, 2:31pm

If you do upgrade your component speakers, you won't get much more of a noticeable sound if you don't put an amp in the mix. Most factory head units have 3V outputs, maybe 5 if your lucky. They just don't have the power to driver good after market speakers to their fullest potential. Yea, you'll be able to adjust the base from 0-2 up to 5-6 and hear less distortion than that of factory speakers, but based on what you're looking for, you'd likely be happier investing a little more IMO..
'07 2500HD 6.0L 4x4 Crewcab; ICI Magnum Bumpers; 7" BDS Lift; Cognito UCAs, FOX shocks; 295/70R18 Nitto Terra G2s; Fuel Kranks; Volant CIA w/ PowerCore; Flowmaster 44; 8" JL W3v3 Stealthbox; JL XD600 Class D Amp; Dynamat; 5% tint, AMP Steps
BatWolf
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Topics: 16
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2007
Extra Info: 2500HD 6.0L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Rybo z71 LT » Dec 13 2017, 5:48pm

Has anyone installed a rear set up with 2 single seats leaving space in the middle to have a sub box set up? Trying to see if the seat mounts would match up to allow the single seats on both sides and a middle box build.

Thanks!! Picking up my truck today!!
Rybo z71 LT
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2016
Extra Info: 1500 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby CardBoard » Dec 20 2017, 3:21pm

Rybo z71 LT wrote:Has anyone installed a rear set up with 2 single seats leaving space in the middle to have a sub box set up? Trying to see if the seat mounts would match up to allow the single seats on both sides and a middle box build.

Thanks!! Picking up my truck today!!

Do you mean, take out the rear seats and mount two front seats in the back so there is space for a box in between?
24x10 snowflake rims
4300k HID's light's LED fogs
50 watt reverse LED lights
All interior led lights & LED tailgate spoiler
7inch Eonon GA8180 head unit
9 inch tv headrest
All Cerwin Vega Speakers 2 12inch subs vented box
Mobile 4g/pedal commander/Intune 3
CardBoard
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 34
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2010
Extra Info: 5.3 LT Crewcab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Rybo z71 LT » Dec 20 2017, 3:46pm

Thanks for the reply CardBoard ... I wasn't thinking of that exactly ( but i like the idea) Rather, I was contemplating just putting another single passenger side folding rear seat behind the driver to allow for for a box in the middle of them. And even keeping it elbow height as if it were a center console. I have 2 Alpine 10" type R's that have some deep magnets and thing they would sound great in a ported box of the crew cab.
Rybo z71 LT
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2016
Extra Info: 1500 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby diy_darryl » Dec 20 2017, 5:42pm

I have an '09 WT also. I have a 3-cup console on the way and plans for a Stealthbox if/when I upgrade the sound. I feel like it is the best option for the money so I can keep my underseat tray and tools.

Why make it difficult. The jumpseats aren't that expensive when you factor in the better appearance and out-of-sight storage that doesn't dump into your rear floorboard if you raise the armrest.
diy_darryl
Topics: 21
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users
Previous

Return to Mobile Electronics