jQuery not supported.

Those annoying backseat speakers (extended cab content)

Adapter plates?

Those annoying backseat speakers (extended cab content)

Postby GlideOm [OP] » May 09 2013, 1:37am

:D

New member, but lemme get to the point:

Those 5.25 speakers in the backseat. I go to upgrade them with some quality woofers with larger magnets. I find that the entire spakers assembly is platic'd together and I can't seem to upgrade these speakers without destroying them in the process.

Seriously Chevy? You couldn't simply cut out a hole in and just mounted it in the door like every other normal auto maker??? :evil:

Smh...anyways...

Is there anybody out there who makes adapter plates to fit the desired size speaker in the backdoors? I can't seem to find any lurking around on ebay. I can't possibly be the first to come across this issue. I don't have the time, patience or tools to make any myself - just want to have more bass from the rear without seriously hacking anything. :|

???

P.S - Love Chevy engines, hate them for overusing plastic overkill on everything in sight (light switches, speaker adapters, interiors, etc)
Original Poster
GlideOm
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 5.3
Group Membership:
Newly registered users
Registered users

Re: Those annoying backseat speakers (extended cab content)

Postby Dmanj » May 09 2013, 4:00am

Why not look into a small sub for under your rear seat? In the doors you are limited in size and mounting depth. Plus you will get more bass out of a small sub under your seat than you will putting something in your doors.
Dmanj
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 27
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2017
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: All Terrain
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby hevyrockerdk » May 09 2013, 5:02am

Crutchfield.com is your best friend when it comes to adapters. IIRC they have something for those back doors.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye...then it's fun and games you can't see anymore."
---James Hetfield
hevyrockerdk
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Combustion on 7 pistons [L2]
Topics: 20
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2004
Extra Info: 1500 LS 5.3L V8 4x2
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby mojorisin » May 09 2013, 7:24am

This member just used the stock speakers in the rear doors for his brackets.

How to Install Speakers in 2012 Sierra Extended Cab
I have dozens of friends, and the fun never ends, that is, as long as I'm buying!
mojorisin
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Topics: 6
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2006
Extra Info: Crew Cab 5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby B Cubed » May 09 2013, 10:34am

Use the factory speakers to fabricate your own speaker baffles out of wood. Once you have the plate cut to size cut a hole for the speaker and mount it to your door. Worked like a charm for me and my truck. Here's the baffle and speaker for one of my front doors...

I used an XTC foam baffle and cut it in half to make drip guards.
'11 Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 X-Cab
HU- Excelon DDX594, Ft & Rr Spkr- Morel Hybrid 602 (no rear tweets), Ft. Amp- Polk D2000.2, Rr. Amp- Alpine KTP-445U (bridged), Sub Amp- MTX - TD500.1D, 2x Rockford Fosgate R1S410 in parallel @2Ω in DIY Aperiodic Enclosure

Cars & Guitars baby!
B Cubed
Topics: 42
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2011
Extra Info: LT1500 XCab 5.3L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Mobile Electronics