jQuery not supported.

Want Interior 12V Ign Acc NNBS?

I can supply the parts to add interior 12V ign wire without voiding warranty!

Postby cruisin_n_style [OP] » Mar 14 2013, 7:31am

I am wiring in multiple accessories to my 2008 Silverado LTZ (interior lighting, in-car camera, GPS, etc) and spent a lot of time researching the proper way to do it. I found the way GM does it when you take it to a dealer for an install of some aftermarket interior electrical accessory. I was about to buy the parts to do it, but realized if there are more people that are interested, it will be cheaper for us If I do one group buy (as shipping costs is the same if I buy 1 or 50 of these). So I wanted to see how many people are interested.

Basically I will be buying a plastic connector that plugs into the MBEC under the drivers side dash, it has a spot available specifically for when GM adds aftermarket things (connector X14). This available spot includes a ground pin, constant power fused pins, an ignition pin, and a RAP pin. You can use whichever ones you choose to hook up your interior accessories. I will also be purchasing the extra small female pins that you will need to put into the plastic connector. Then you just run your wires!

Personally i will be using the RAP pin, and running that to trigger a relay, then the relay will draw power straight from the battery to power a distribution block with multiple fused circuits. This way my entire distribution block is RAP accessory triggered (on and off with the ignition and doesn't shut off until the driver's door is opened like the factory radio) and I can power multiple devices with each device separately fused. Note: if you do decide to use the RAP (retained accessory power) pin, you MUST run it to a relay instead of directly to your devices as it is only rated for 300mA. If you do not want to use the relay, the other ignition pin is rated at 15A. The constant power pins are rated 30A and 15A depending on which one you use.

If you are interested, just post on here letting me know. Once I see approx how many people are interested I will post the prices and collect payments and order the parts and send them out to you. Expect the connector and the pins with shipping to be approx. $20 total.

If you want the same setup as I am doing (connector, pins, relay, distribution block), I would estimate approx $65-$85 total
Attachments
RAP_MBEC.jpg
X14 Aftermarket Acc Plug with pins
RAP_MBEC.jpg (42.1 KiB) Viewed 2571 times
pins.JPG
pins
pins.JPG (3.81 KiB) Viewed 2571 times
GM connector with pins installed.jpg
X14 connector w/ pins installed
GM connector with pins installed.jpg (45.95 KiB) Viewed 2571 times
Original Poster
cruisin_n_style
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 13
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2008
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 5.3 LTZ Z71 Crew Cab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Want Interior 12V Ign Acc NNBS?

Postby cruisin_n_style [OP] » Mar 15 2013, 4:32am

Nevermind, I went ahead and ordered the parts I need. If you are interested in how to do this or where to get the parts you can always post on here or message me.
Original Poster
cruisin_n_style
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Machster69 » Mar 15 2013, 2:10pm

Honestly, this is a pretty common issue/question. If you could take some pics and notes of your install... And write a how to, you would be helping ALOT of people!
Machster69
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 107
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 5.3 SLE 2wd
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users

Postby cruisin_n_style [OP] » Mar 15 2013, 3:32pm

I most certainly will write up a detailed how-to. I will be installing truck bed lighting, side step lighting, rear view camera, and GPS all at the same time to be run off the power that will be attained this way. The lighting will all be triggered by standard door pin switches and will have override rocker switches hidden somewhere. It will be a clean install. I'll let you all know when I get the how-to up and I'll post the link in here.

Unrelated: I will also be installing a new radio head unit and xm receiver (using factory xm antenna) that way I retain ALL factory warnings, chimes, OnStar, steering wheel controls, and xm functionality...and replacing my front two door speakers again with better quality Focal speakers and taking out my Kicker speakers.
Original Poster
cruisin_n_style
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Machster69 » Mar 15 2013, 3:42pm

I follow you to the "T"... this is going to be an involved install...

Major how to work lol! Thanks! The parts list and numbers is the nice part!
Machster69
Topics: 107
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 5.3 SLE 2wd
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users

Postby SWAT6119 » Mar 15 2013, 3:45pm

Looking forward to seeing all your hard work! Good luck!
2013 Silverado CC LTZ
6.2L Max Trailer Pack w/ K&N CAI
2" Zone Level 2" Tough Country Rear Blocks
285/65/18 Cooper AT3 on MB V-Drive 18x9 (zero offset)
Linex & Access Lorado Tonneau
SWAT6119
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Topics: 5
Year: 2013
Extra Info: 1500 CC 6.2L LTZ
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby Voodoo » Mar 15 2013, 4:35pm

Subscribed! I make those terminals :twisted:
Voodoo
Topics: 157
Year: 2016
Extra Info: LTZ 2500 Duramax
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby tcnoakes » Mar 15 2013, 6:13pm

I wanna see. Just for future reference...
tcnoakes
Topics: 44
Year: 2012
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby cruisin_n_style [OP] » Jun 08 2013, 5:34am

Everything worked well just as it should. I never did a thorough how-to but here is another thread I started with extra pictures.

Added new stereo/lighting/etc
Original Poster
cruisin_n_style
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Mobile Electronics