jQuery not supported.

2005 5.3 silverado 4wd new to me story

Forum rules
Please do not post support requests in the new members area! This forum is for new member introductions and welcome messages only. Please post other topics in their appropriate areas so they stay categorized.

2005 5.3 silverado 4wd new to me story

Postby Regalguy80 [OP] » Sep 29 2019, 5:44pm

Hi all,
Bought this truck July 2019. Love it. I drove to a non gm dealer a distance from me. The dealer gave me a safety inspection and some things like brakes, tierods, windshield included in the sale. They found an issue with the 4wd but hadn't received the part, so they later shipped the used part to me. It's got 250 km and belonged to an industrial plumber... so said some window stickers. In 2wd it is great on gas, great power. Then things go south from there. I decoded it and it reviels a 4.8 not a 5.3. So far, I've discovered all kinds of issues. Found tool marks on the hood bolts so I can assume it may have a 5.3. You would think the fluids would have been checked under the inspection it recieved. Leaving the dealer feeling confident in driving this thing all the way home, I get home and discover the front diff wasn't leaking because there was no fluid. The next morning the tranny slipped on me. It was also down more than 1L. I went down to the rear and it was also down 3/4L. The oil for the engine was fine. It's now all my problem. I'm game though. It's a nice truck. I didn't pay too much for it. And the body is mint. I'm not a mechanic but I know my way around a tool box. I've owned gm almost my whole driving life saying about 25yrs. I'm excited to have this truck. Lots of new parts to get on her. Used vehicles are always someone else's problem eh . No one can predict previous owners ownership strategies, and just cause someone has a mechanics licence doesnt make them a good one. One more reason to fix myself
Original Poster
Regalguy80
Firing on 5 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 5 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 7
Year: 2005
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Terrain
Extra Info: 5.3 4x4 LS 1500
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Member Introductions