jQuery not supported.

New here, new to trucks

Forum rules
Please do not post support requests in the new members area! This forum is for new member introductions and welcome messages only. Please post other topics in their appropriate areas so they stay categorized.

Re: New here, new to trucks

Postby chevygirlkc » Sep 27 2011, 1:37am

So do you have something else to drive while you are doing the work on the truck? What is your budget for buying the truck? It looks like you do need a good body but you are going to do the mechanical stuff.
Kelly
chevygirlkc
Contributor
Contributor
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 36
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: LTZ 5.3L Z71 Ext Cab
Group Membership:
Supporters
Registered users

Postby Kelly.Veit [OP] » Sep 27 2011, 1:51am

Nah. Nothing to drive. I've spend a lot of the last few years with my DD down. I haven't had a running car for the past few months. No big deal. :)

I will financing whatever I buy, but I will probably try to stay up 4 or 5 grand, which will be very easy. I would like the truck to have a pretty solid body. Little to no rust, and not too many dents. The cleaner the better though.
Original Poster
Kelly.Veit
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby chevygirlkc » Sep 27 2011, 1:55am

Okay. I'll keep my eyes open for you.
Kelly
chevygirlkc
Contributor
Contributor
Topics: 36
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2011
Extra Info: LTZ 5.3L Z71 Ext Cab
Group Membership:
Supporters
Registered users

Postby Kelly.Veit [OP] » Sep 27 2011, 2:04am

Thank you very much. I should be selling my Z this weekend. Motor is locked up, and I really don't feel like fixing it since I just rebuilt the whole top end. Waiting on HR to get in at Walmart Tire & Lube right by campus here, but as soon as I get some income, then I will be looking to get something. When I start looking at specific trucks, then I will let you all know.
Original Poster
Kelly.Veit
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby DRK4X4 » Sep 27 2011, 2:11am

To me, a truck is the only way to go. I've only owned one car and it was a 71 Nova 4 door, but that was a project. It'll be very handy to have a truck if you're going to be hauling around blocks, heads, trans, etc. Those late 90's Silverados/Sierra's are awesome trucks if they've been maintained well and not tortured too bad. I'd try to find one that looks fairly stock with low miles because I've found that the ones that have been lifted or customized very much have problems just waiting to happen a lot of times.
Good luck to you, you should be able to find a good one especially with an automotive background. :D
The 2nd Amendment, America's Original Homeland Security- NRA
DRK4X4
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Topics: 15
Year: 2013
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 4x4 2500 6.0L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Kelly.Veit [OP] » Sep 27 2011, 2:20am

Definitely stock! One detail I left out. I hate paying for other people's work, because it usually sucks.
Original Poster
Kelly.Veit
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Kelly.Veit [OP] » Sep 27 2011, 4:36pm

1998 CHEVY K1500 Z71 4X4 EXTENDED CAB - (RIVERSIDE) $3850

ImageImage

ImageImage

THIS TRUCK IS EQUIPPED WITH THE Z71 PACKAGE AND A TOWING PACKAGE---- IT RUNS AND DRIVES GREAT AND HAS NICE ALLOY WHEELS AND ICE COLD A/C !!!!!! THE INTERIOR IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AND THE BODY IS STRAIGHT

I am looking at this truck this weekend. What do you guys thing? It has about 160k miles, it looks like a decent start, I don't like the color, but I can work with that.
Original Poster
Kelly.Veit
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby starspangled6.0 » Sep 27 2011, 4:55pm

Almost exactly what I had (except mine was black, a GMC, and had about 2x the miles :lol:). GO FOR IT- THESE TRUCKS ROCK!!!!
2007 Yukon
1997 Sierra 6.5 RCLB

*Sold*
97 Sierra 1500
03 Sierra 2500HD
04 Silverado Duramax
07 Silverado Duramax
03 Sierra LQ4 Denali
01 Silverado Duramax
09 Silverado SCRB 2500HD LY6
98 Suburban
2004 CCSB Duramax
starspangled6.0
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 368
Year: 2004
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: CCSB Duramax
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Servicemen
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby Kelly.Veit [OP] » Sep 27 2011, 5:01pm

Hopefully I can get it. I've already got a list of stuff I want to do in my head, so I will want to hurry and pay it off so I can start having fun.
Original Poster
Kelly.Veit
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby koolz71 » Sep 27 2011, 5:18pm

Welcome to the site...Good luck on ur search...I will tell u this about color..I hated the color of my truck when i got it..but it has grown on me..Green is the color of money..at least its not pink...yes gm did have a pink color at one time lol :)
koolz71
Topics: 95
Years of membership: 10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Year: 2004
Extra Info: Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users
PreviousNext

Return to Member Introductions