jQuery not supported.

New here, new to trucks

Forum rules
Please do not post support requests in the new members area! This forum is for new member introductions and welcome messages only. Please post other topics in their appropriate areas so they stay categorized.

Re: New here, new to trucks

Postby Kelly.Veit [OP] » Sep 27 2011, 6:32pm

koolz71 wrote:Welcome to the site...Good luck on ur search...I will tell u this about color..I hated the color of my truck when i got it..but it has grown on me..Green is the color of money..at least its not pink...yes gm did have a pink color at one time lol :)

To be honest.. unless I had a super clean white truck, I'll LineX the bottom half anyway. OD Green would be cool for the rest I think. I dunno. I'm sure I"ll change my mind a few dozen times.
Original Poster
Kelly.Veit
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby thedanderzone » Sep 27 2011, 6:40pm

That would be a great truck.. Go for it!
thedanderzone
First Responder
First Responder
Firing on 6 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 6 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 14
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2017
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 1500 crew 5.3L 4x4
Group Membership:
First Responders
Registered users

Postby Kelly.Veit [OP] » Sep 27 2011, 6:44pm

I'm going to check out some more places for work today, I don't like waiting. Definitely going to look at the truck this weekend though.
Original Poster
Kelly.Veit
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby MadHatter » Sep 27 2011, 6:58pm

welcome to the site!!!! lets see the pics
MadHatter
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Topics: 13
Year: 2012
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: I like Gummy Bears
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby DRK4X4 » Sep 28 2011, 9:02pm

It looks like a solid truck from the photos. Offer them about $3350 and take home. Even at $3850, I think it looks like a good deal though. I like the OD green idea... 8-)
The 2nd Amendment, America's Original Homeland Security- NRA
DRK4X4
Topics: 15
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2013
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 4x4 2500 6.0L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Kelly.Veit [OP] » Sep 29 2011, 9:47pm

I'd be financing it, so it'd be hard to get them to budge on the price, but I could certainly try. I wouldn't decide until I actually saw the body and decided whether or not I wanted to try and make it a super clean show truck, or be more practical about it and get something that is easy to touch up. ;)
Last edited by EKinMN on Oct 01 2011, 1:49am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not quote the post immediately above yours. It's redundant. Please use the quick reply instead.
Original Poster
Kelly.Veit
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Kelly.Veit [OP] » Oct 03 2011, 5:04am

Good news! Kinda. I started parting out my Z this weekend. Finally gave up on selling the complete car, so I will be getting some money for my down payment. I should be able to get about a thousand total, before scrapping the leftovers. I should have some income by then as well, which means truck time!
Original Poster
Kelly.Veit
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to Member Introductions