jQuery not supported.

New Owner in Florida

Forum rules
Please do not post support requests in the new members area! This forum is for new member introductions and welcome messages only. Please post other topics in their appropriate areas so they stay categorized.

Re: New Owner in Florida

Postby SpiritRT [OP] » Feb 23 2011, 12:47am

bradneal wrote:Damn! You're not messing around.

Hey, it looks pretty humid in that picture for February.

I have a lot of plans for the truck. I got a base model so I could build it as I wanted. The huge rebates, GM owner loyalty and the $grand Ally Financial threw in and the Daytona 500 tickets made it a really great deal.

The pic was taken while it was raining. I have another posted in the gallery.
Original Poster
SpiritRT
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 LS 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby MSHOUP88 » Feb 23 2011, 1:26am

Welcome from the old new guy :) .supercharger. NICE!
Last edited by MSHOUP88 on Feb 23 2011, 2:03am, edited 1 time in total.
I WOULD RATHER HAVE IT AND NOT NEED IT.. THEN NEED IT AND NOT HAVE IT !
MSHOUP88
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 9
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 2500 HD 6.6 CREW CAB
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby starspangled6.0 » Feb 23 2011, 1:51am

MSHOUP88 wrote:Welcome from the old new guy :) .supercharger. NICE! Can somebody tell me the diff between turbocharers and superchargers and witch is better 4 a truck.

First off, welcome to the site! I think you've got a great product, but as usual, good customer service in the auto world is very hard to come by. Hope you can get them to fix it right!

Alright, MSHOUP88, I'll give it a stab- turbos take the spent exhaust gas, and make it spin a turbo- which in turn sucks more air into the engine- more air, more fuel, more compression, more power. The only downside to turbos is that they're pretty expensive, and may require a lot of work to install.
Superchargers get powered by the serpentine belt, and do the same as turbos- jam more air into the engine, which gives huge benefits. Superchargers are less expensive, and I believe that some are just DIY bolt-on kits, too. However, since they need to be powered by the engine in order to develop boost, they don't give as much of a power gain. Turbos create excess backpressure, which also robs power, but the losses from the supercharger are greater.

In summary, if you're looking for an easy 70-120 hp (not sure about the exact figures), go with a supercharger. They're cheaper, so that's what I would go with. GM has had GREAT success using superchargers in the 6.2L motor- think CTS-V, Corvette ZR1, Camaro ZL1. If you really wanted to go crazy, go with the turbo. It would probably require a lot of internal engine mods, so the thing wouldn't blow up with all the pressure. Check out wikipedia's article on this topic... YouTube has some good videos, too.
2007 Yukon
1997 Sierra 6.5 RCLB

*Sold*
97 Sierra 1500
03 Sierra 2500HD
04 Silverado Duramax
07 Silverado Duramax
03 Sierra LQ4 Denali
01 Silverado Duramax
09 Silverado SCRB 2500HD LY6
98 Suburban
2004 CCSB Duramax
starspangled6.0
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 368
Year: 2004
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: CCSB Duramax
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Servicemen
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby MadHatter » Oct 13 2011, 1:18pm

OP! have you done the supercharger yet?
MadHatter
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Topics: 13
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2012
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: I like Gummy Bears
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users
Previous

Return to Member Introductions