jQuery not supported.

New to ANY "Forum: things..

Transmission in 6 cyl WT
Forum rules
Please do not post support requests in the new members area! This forum is for new member introductions and welcome messages only. Please post other topics in their appropriate areas so they stay categorized.

New to ANY "Forum: things..

Postby skydiver57 [OP] » Sep 21 2020, 2:22am

Just found forum, and just bought 2020 Sierra 6 cyl base truck. Been driving 2003 Ranger 4 cyl since new, figured I earned a new truck at 62 years old. All the truck I need, so the only thing that ponders me is the "shiftable: trans, the "adaptive" description", and wondering ( since I drive like a grampa..) why it ends up in top gear so fast ( we used to call it boggin..) unless I mash my motor...so anyway, if Im not posting in the right spot, on the wrong page, or violating some rule, let me know. This is first "forum" venture of any kind, and looks pretty massive, lots of rules, and not sure at all how to navigate it, find what I need answers too, or even just browse around. Simple and easy arent the same thing, but DID learn ( I think) about the "actuator" sound when unlocking truck...apparently fuel pump priming..??
Original Poster
skydiver57
Topics: 2
Year: 2020
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: WT
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: New to ANY "Forum: things..

Postby GBSierraSLE » Sep 21 2020, 3:32am

Welcome to the site. We're glad you're here. We'd love to see a pic or two of your new truck.
'13 4x4 5.3 6L80 3.42 G80 Z60 Bought new. 2" level, Michelin Dfndr LTX 275/60/20, DiabLew, Webasto Moonroof, Borla, Bedrug, Helwig, Rosen, Extang, Raptor, Boss Sport Duty plow, SL1 LED's. 20,890 mi
GBSierraSLE
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 21
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2013
Variant: SLE
Extra Info: 1500 4x4 Ext Cab
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Supporters
Global moderators
Registered users

Re: New to ANY "Forum: things..

Postby nealinator » Sep 21 2020, 3:35am

Welcome to the forum. First rule...you have to post a picture of your new truck! haha

Spend a little time here and things will begin to make sense and become easier to navigate.

Here is a good section to do some reading for info: Site FAQ's

As far as the truck quickly getting to high gear...that is how they like to set them up from the factory to maximize fuel efficiency. If your truck has the tow/haul button on it...you can select that if you want to stretch out the gears and stay in a lower gear longer. Even when not towing. I use it from time to time when I want more control and faster response. And then switch back off when I reach highway speed and cruizing.
Nealinator's 5.3L 4x4 Z71 All Terrain188,885 miles
AMP Power Steps - Retrax Pro Cover - Terra Grappler G2 - Airaid MIT - Mobil 1
Borla Exhaust - Eonon GA7180 - Custom Catch Can - Bilstein 5100's - $ Cost $ - DiabLew Tune
nealinator
Topics: 170
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2010
Variant: All Terrain
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L 4x4 Z71
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Supporters
Registered users

Return to Member Introductions