jQuery not supported.

Production Stats

Forum rules
Please do not post support requests in the new members area! This forum is for new member introductions and welcome messages only. Please post other topics in their appropriate areas so they stay categorized.

Production Stats

Postby gmcmurph [OP] » Oct 12 2019, 12:35am

Last July while I was fueling my 16 Colorado LT , I looked across the street at the local GMC dealer and there sat a 16 GMC Sierra Z71 2 door short bed in black. This truck really caught my eye as I drove by. WOW a 2 door 4x4 p/u. ( you don't see one of them on every street corner).When I got home I looked it up online. With a bed cover and a carpeted bed rug and only 13k on it, this is the truck I always wanted. I inquired online about it and it took about a two minuets for the dealer to contact me. With July 4th and a long weekend, I couldn't see them till Tuesday. Meanwhile I detailed my Colorado to showroom condition. Arriving at the dealer the salesmen, before I got to the truck that the previous owner was a cigar smoker and the truck stinks. No biggie, I smoke myself, but it was quite pungent. So I take her for a test drive. No throttle response, tires are flat spotted and really no place to open it up. Back at the dealer the salesmen went away and I just sat it, scrolling though the dash the speed limiter was set at 55 that lead me to believe that this truck has never seen the far side of 60 MPH. They came back with a great deal with my trade in and now it's mine. Day one I took her out and gave it a good beating, wanting to use up the tank of gas that came with it.(CRAP FUEL). After a couple tanks of Quality gas she starts to come around. Last month I had a Corsa Sport Exhaust installed with a K/N filter, she wants to spin the tires from a dead start. NOW excuse the rambling and the question is, how meny 2016 GMC Z71 2 door short beds were made, are they rare ????
Original Poster
gmcmurph
Topics: 1
Year: 2016
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: Z71 5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Production Stats

Postby GBSierraSLE » Oct 12 2019, 1:34am

Welcome to SS. How's about posting a pic or two of your fine ride?

Even if 1% of Silverado's from 2016 were RCSB trucks, that would be about 7,000 trucks or so. So I doubt if it is 'rare' at all. You could send your VIN to [email protected] and ask for the production numbers. They will also send you a build sheet if you ask for it.
'13 SLE 4x4 5.3/6L80/3.42 G80 Z60 Bought new
2" level, Michelin 275/60/20 Defender LTX
DiabLew, Webasto Moonroof, Borla Touring 32 Dump
Bedrug, Helwig, Carshow, OEM Denali grille, Extang, Raptor
Boss Sport Duty, SL1 LED's, Lots of other small mods
18,575 mi
GBSierraSLE
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 11
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2013
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLE 1500 ECRB 4x4
Group Membership:
Supporters
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby 19trax9519trax95 is online! » Oct 12 2019, 1:43am

Not rare. Just not many made and sold compared to the crew and double cabs.

The vast majority of trucks on dealers lots are crew cab short bed or double cab standard bed, with most being the crew cab.

And if there is a regular cab it's usually not an LT trim.
19trax9519trax95 is online!
Staff Member
Staff Member
Topics: 113
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2017
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L Z71
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby ferraiolo1 » Oct 12 2019, 1:55am

No they aren’t rare. And resale value is crap. I bought a new 2015 z71 rcsb and sold it a few years later.

They are a fun truck. But not many people want them. Thus why you don’t see too many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SierraHarley: So lets gets this straight.... your opinion is people shouldn't post their opinions and people should be able to do whatever they want although you're telling people that have a difference of opinion what they should do?
ferraiolo1
Topics: 96
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Postby adam86107 » Oct 12 2019, 1:56am

Welcome. I'm rather fond of the regular cab trucks myself, I wish GM still put V8s in them. You should post a pic, I'd love to see it.

Edit: Apparently, GM did put the 5.3 in the regular cab K2XX.
adam86107
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Topics: 63
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2005
Extra Info: RST 5spd manual 4.8L
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby ferraiolo1 » Oct 12 2019, 2:49am

adam86107 wrote:Welcome. I'm rather fond of the regular cab trucks myself, I wish GM still put V8s in them. You should post a pic, I'd love to see it.

What?? They have always put v8s in them. Mine had one. Just never 6.2 or 6.0s.

And they still make them with v8s in the new body style. But they don’t sell them in the us market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SierraHarley: So lets gets this straight.... your opinion is people shouldn't post their opinions and people should be able to do whatever they want although you're telling people that have a difference of opinion what they should do?
ferraiolo1
Topics: 96
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Postby adam86107 » Oct 12 2019, 3:57am

That's why I edited my post. I saw a for sale ad right after making my post and then came back here and put the edit. When they dropped the 4.8 I was thinking they went to the 4.3 strictly in the regular cab trucks.
adam86107
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Topics: 63
Year: 2005
Extra Info: RST 5spd manual 4.8L
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Return to Member Introductions

Common search terms

welcome production still sent back stats truck using right great make sierra silverado tires

It is currently Oct 23 2019, 1:32pm

• Sponsor
Login  •  Register
Member Introductions Forum
Member IntroductionsHello and welcome to the best Silverado and Sierra truck specific site. Please introduce yourself to the community and make yourself at home. Tell us about yourself and post your introductions and welcome messages here.
To create a new topic in Member Introductions, click this button:
Previous topic Next topic
Sitewide News Sitemaps & Feeds