jQuery not supported.

Diablo inTune/Lew custom tune check in.

Forum rules
This is a forum for computer performance upgrades only. If what you are asking about is a physical accessory, it should not be in another forum category. Performance accessories such as intakes should be in "Engine" and when you want the growl, that should be in "Exhaust". Thank you for your understanding in keeping our forums clean and understandable.

Re: Diablo inTune/Lew custom tune check in.

Postby pacman377 » Sep 30 2019, 1:21pm

Yea I've had a trinity t2 with a 87 tune from lew for a little while now. But was scrolling through and reading a few different articles and saw where some in this forum who have made comments about having a lew tune were also making comments about their pedal commander. I was under the impression that with a tune the pedal commander wasn't needed because was already addressed in the tune but I wanted to verify it.
pacman377
Year: 2014
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ktoonsez » Oct 09 2019, 3:37pm

Any reason why Diablo/Diablew is not supporting the 2019 Silverado with the 5.3L motor?
ktoonsez
Topics: 1
Year: 2019
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: RST trim
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby GBSierraSLE » Oct 09 2019, 5:56pm

I could be wrong but I think I read that the ECM and TCM on the 'new' '19s are locked-down. No tuning, at least not yet. It may not happen at all as the EPA says they are cracking-down on tuning and mods.
'13 SLE 4x4 5.3/6L80/3.42 G80 Z60 Bought new
2" level, Michelin 275/60/20 Defender LTX
DiabLew, Webasto Moonroof, Borla Touring 32 Dump
Bedrug, Helwig, Carshow, OEM Denali grille, Extang, Raptor
Boss Sport Duty, SL1 LED's, Lots of other small mods
18,700 mi
GBSierraSLE
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 11
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2013
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLE 1500 ECRB 4x4
Group Membership:
Supporters
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby 06MonteSS » Oct 09 2019, 7:13pm

ktoonsez wrote:Any reason why Diablo/Diablew is not supporting the 2019 Silverado with the 5.3L motor?

The 2019 Silverado 5.3 "Legacy" trucks ARE supported... i.e. the 2018 body style trucks... the new 2019 body style trucks that have that e-Assist or auto stop/start crap on them, are NOT supported.. those are hybrid setups and can't do anything for them.
06MonteSS
Recognized Supplier
Recognized Supplier
Topics: 49
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Variant: SS
Extra Info: 14 Camaro 2SS-RS LS3
Group Membership:
Vendors
Registered users

Postby ktoonsez » Oct 09 2019, 9:10pm

Thanks guys, that is what I figured. Looks like I will only be able to do the performancechiptuning.com kind of devices is my guess.
ktoonsez
Topics: 1
Year: 2019
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: RST trim
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby DH9441 » Oct 15 2019, 1:53pm

Motodeficient wrote:I'm 150 miles in with the custom tune from Lew. Otherwise stock 2012 4.8 with 4-speed.

The difference in the truck is subtle. If you didn't tell me it was tuned, I'm not sure if I would realize it was. The shifting firmness is the most noticeable thing over stock, (it feels about the same as the diablo firm shift tune). Acceleration and throttle response aren't much much different from stock, just subtly different. I think my expectations for the custom tune were a little to high, since it is a stock 4.8 and all.I think it will still improve with more mileage.

Still need to do a WOT log and probably another steady throttle log at warmer temps. I might also see if its possible to move the 1-2 shift point to a little higher RPMs under heavy acceleration. Its fine with light throttle acceleration but it seems to shift too soon under heavy throttle acceleration. I'm not sure if this is possible.

I think the 5.3 probably gets better results from the tuning and its definitely worth it since you need to disable AFM anyway- but at this point in time would I spend the $490 again on a tuner and custom tune for an all stock 4.8 if I had to do it over- probably not.

I must say Lew is very quick and professional! This is not a slight against him at all, he has been great and its not his fault that I have a stock 4.8!

Hello
I have a 2011 LS with the 4.8L. So what is the conscious on the Lew tune with this motor. This truck is so slow I'm really looking to get some performance gains out of it. Thx, Donald
DH9441
Year: 2011
Extra Info: LS 4X4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby SierraWilks » Oct 21 2019, 2:43pm

Recent Lew tune here.....2014 GMC Sierra CC 5.3L.....have just gotten put on the 150 mi. after the tune and am ready for the WOT Log....the truck just drives better...accelerates better....shifts better....I couldn't be happier with the results.....money well spent.
SierraWilks
Firing on 5 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 5
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby SierraWilks » Oct 23 2019, 1:29am

SierraWilks wrote:Recent Lew tune here.....2014 GMC Sierra CC 5.3L.....have just gotten put on the 150 mi. after the tune and am ready for the WOT Log....the truck just drives better...accelerates better....shifts better....I couldn't be happier with the results.....money well spent.

Update....did the WOT Log today...WOW....this thing really rocks now.....had to pedal it a bit from the launch to limit wheel spin (trac control off) and it was up over 100 in no time....fun stuff.
SierraWilks
Topics: 5
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby cire97 » Oct 30 2019, 2:04pm

Loaded my Lew tune yesterday, big improvement over the canned tune. I have to agree with others that Lew has done something to my right pedal, can't seem to stay off of it :D . Really looking forward to the WOT! Thanks Lew.
cire97
Topics: 2
Year: 2011
Extra Info: 1500 Z71 6.2L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby guitargain » Nov 02 2019, 11:49pm

Just pulled the trigger on Lewtune for my 2017 Silverado. Can't wait to get it.
guitargain
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2017
Group Membership:
Registered users
PreviousNext

Return to Performance Tuning