jQuery not supported.

Diablo inTune/Lew custom tune check in.

Forum rules
This is a forum for computer performance upgrades only. If what you are asking about is a physical accessory, it should not be in another forum category. Performance accessories such as intakes should be in "Engine" and when you want the growl, that should be in "Exhaust". Thank you for your understanding in keeping our forums clean and understandable.

Re: Diablo inTune/Lew custom tune check in.

Postby roorancherroorancher is online! » Dec 19 2019, 11:20pm

06MonteSS wrote:Every time you install a tune (or disconnect the battery), all of the learned items like idle, airflow, fueling/fuel trims, emissions readiness tests, transmission shifting adaptives, etc. all get erased/reset... It takes days/150+ miles to be put on for everything to be relearned by the ECM/TCM and settle back in again... and it will get better and better as more miles get put on it.. ;-)

So Lew, If I replaced the battery your tunes were erased, and I'm back to the "factory" settings? Or am I misunderstanding your thread, and the truck just has to learn my driving habits?

I'm about to take the truck in for warranty work, as I think I have a bad Torque Converter Clutch....

2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition

89200 miles 2/1/20

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker-Winjet/DD HIDs pending

Diablew Tune
roorancherroorancher is online!
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 76
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 06MonteSS » Dec 19 2019, 11:27pm

no man.. tune is not erased.. just the "learned" items get reset, as I mentioned in that post...

but if you are taking it to the dealer for ANYTHING, then you want to make sure you restore the original backup stock tune to the truck first before taking it to the dealer man...
06MonteSS
Recognized Supplier
Recognized Supplier
Topics: 49
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2014
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Variant: SS
Extra Info: 14 Camaro 2SS-RS LS3
Group Membership:
Vendors
Registered users

Postby LRod » Dec 20 2019, 5:45am

After reading this thread, I'm glad I bought a 2019 LD. The new body style trucks are still limited on a lot of stuff from what I see. I picked up mine brand new on purpose before they disappear. I'll be ordering the i3 + custom tune next week Lew.
Larry

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
LRod
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Topics: 35
Year: 2019
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: LD 5.3 V8 LT 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby txtimetravler » Dec 24 2019, 4:57am

Yep., still going like the energizer rabbit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
txtimetravler
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Topics: 11
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2018
Extra Info: Ltz
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Newt182 » Jan 16 2020, 10:10pm

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered.

I have a 2016 5.3L with a Lew tune on it. There is a recall that has to do with the brake pedal. I'm not having the issue but my dealer told me about it and that the ECU would need to be reprogrammed. If they do this reprogramming will it be affected when I reapply the Lew tune afterwards?

BTW - I've had my Lew tune for about a year and half now and absolutely love it. I dread taking my truck in for oil changes just because of the 20 minute drive to the dealer and back without my tune.
Newt182
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 4
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2016
Variant: All Star Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby jrob1522 » Jan 26 2020, 6:52pm

Another shout out to Lew. I just installed my custom tune this past Friday, all I can say is WOW! Shifting is now incredible and acceleration/power difference is very noticeable. These trucks should definitely be tuned similar from the factory. Fun factor and driveability is definitely a ++.
2018 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLT
Bilstein 5100
BFG KO2 275/60/20
Fuel Maverick 20x9 +20 offset
jrob1522
Topics: 2
Year: 2018
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 5.3 Z71 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Hep » Feb 02 2020, 4:24pm

Has anyone had the unfortunate luck trying to unplug the tuner from the cord and accidentally pulled the snap lock out of the tuner? I'm assuming my tuner wont work now. The plug in strip (or what ever its called)has moved so it wont accept the cord. :oops: :-x
I know a lot about cars. I can look at a car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.-
Asking a stupid question is better than repairing a stupid mistake
Hep
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 6
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Extra Info: Midnight Edition LTZ
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby roorancherroorancher is online! » Feb 02 2020, 4:56pm

Yes, Tim.....I did it a few weeks ago in a fit of madness when trying to reload my tunes after a warranty visit to the dealer and all I got was error codes.
This is a known problem with the tuners. In fact, Powerteq will tell you never to unplug the cord. Also, the new I3s have a non-removable cord. No connector.
When it happened to mine, I called Powerteq tech support and they issued an RMA and I sent it in for repair. They replaced the unit and the cord at no charge, and I had it back in less than a week. (They still gave me an older model, but told me never to detach the cord.)

When you call them just prepare to be on hold for about 30 minutes or so....I think there's only 1 guy in tech support.

89200 miles 2/1/20

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker-Winjet/DD HIDs pending

Diablew Tune
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Hep » Feb 02 2020, 5:17pm

roorancher wrote:Yes, Tim.....I did it a few weeks ago in a fit of madness when trying to reload my tunes after a warranty visit to the dealer and all I got was error codes.
This is a known problem with the tuners. In fact, Powerteq will tell you never to unplug the cord. Also, the new I3s have a non-removable cord. No connector.
When it happened to mine, I called Powerteq tech support and they issued an RMA and I sent it in for repair. They replaced the unit and the cord at no charge, and I had it back in less than a week. (They still gave me an older model, but told me never to detach the cord.)

When you call them just prepare to be on hold for about 30 minutes or so....I think there's only 1 guy in tech support.

Thank you! I planned to call them Monday but just wanted to see if anyone had done this yet or If I was the only one with "husky" fingers lol. When they replaced the unit did your tunes still work or did you have to get with Lew? Thanks again!
I know a lot about cars. I can look at a car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.-
Asking a stupid question is better than repairing a stupid mistake
Hep
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Topics: 6
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Extra Info: Midnight Edition LTZ
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby roorancherroorancher is online! » Feb 02 2020, 6:03pm

Hep wrote:
roorancher wrote:Yes, Tim.....I did it a few weeks ago in a fit of madness when trying to reload my tunes after a warranty visit to the dealer and all I got was error codes.

Thank you! I planned to call them Monday but just wanted to see if anyone had done this yet or If I was the only one with "husky" fingers lol. When they replaced the unit did your tunes still work or did you have to get with Lew? Thanks again!

It was a new tool....so nothing was on it.....but you should have the tunes saved on your computer you can reload on to the new I3....but....Lew says if you've done anything at all to the truck or its had a visit to the dealer his tunes are now in all likelihood no good....and you need to start over.
And another thing...when I got the replacement I3 I immediately went to update it. It's almost useless to try and update it via WiFi. Must have tried 10X and no luck....So I called them again....amd the same tech support guy told me to download the "Updater" to my computer. That took 5 attempts before it downloaded. Then I plugged the I3 into the computer and it said it needed 7 updates. That took 2 attempts.
My computer is Windows 10 and I have incredible speed from Grande. I definitely think their software needs improvements.

89200 miles 2/1/20

Diablew Tune
Group Membership:
Registered users
PreviousNext