jQuery not supported.

Diablo inTune/Lew custom tune check in.

Forum rules
This is a forum for computer performance upgrades only. If what you are asking about is a physical accessory, it should not be in another forum category. Performance accessories such as intakes should be in "Engine" and when you want the growl, that should be in "Exhaust". Thank you for your understanding in keeping our forums clean and understandable.

Re: Diablo inTune/Lew custom tune check in.

Postby roorancher » Feb 03 2020, 4:24am

I think Lew charges $75.00 if you're outside 1 year...

2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition

91300 miles 3/1/20

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker-Winjet/DD HIDs pending

Diablew Tune
roorancher
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 85
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 19trax95 » Feb 03 2020, 4:42am

Yup if your over the year its $75. And that gets you 6 months of changes/updates.
19trax95
Staff Member
Staff Member
Topics: 128
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Variant: High Country
Extra Info: 2500 Duramax
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby 06MonteSS » Feb 03 2020, 10:37pm

SierraHarley wrote:If you did leave a tune on it and the dealer did an update then what would it do? Just overwrite the tune on there? You would probably need to get a new Lew tune anyways after it because if you go and put your old Lew tune back on after the update it would just nullify the update wouldn't it?

dealer update would erase the custom tune with new factory GM programming update.. and no you wouldn't be able to just put the custom tune back on it, because now the ECM/TCM calibration ID's would be different, they wouldn't match the ID's in the custom tunes, so you would get errors/issues, and truck not starting, etc..

if dealer updates the ECM or TCM at all, you would need to get new custom tune done from scratch, from copies of the new factory stock GM programming/tunes that were updated in the ECM/TCM
06MonteSS
Recognized Supplier
Recognized Supplier
Topics: 49
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2014
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Variant: SS
Extra Info: 14 Camaro 2SS-RS LS3
Group Membership:
Vendors
Registered users

Postby tromo009 » Feb 05 2020, 8:20am

Hi, I have an 09 Silverado z71: 4.56 gear ratio and 35x 12.05x 18 tires. I have the diablo trinity and having a tough time correcting my speedo. Can u help. I changed the gear ratio but the tires I have tough time fining the correct aspect ratio.
tromo009
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2009
Extra Info: 1500 z71 6.2L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 06MonteSS » Feb 05 2020, 4:45pm

do NOT go by the sidewall sizing.. you need to actually measure your tire height, from the ground to the top of the tire, and you'd use that inches amount to set the tire height/diameter...

so then you'd select the tune you want to install... then choose to Modify the tune.. then adjust the tire height/diameter setting.. then exit back out, and then install/apply the tune..

that will re-install the tune with your tire size adjustment in it.

as long as it's within 1-3 mph of a GPS, you're fine and good to go.
06MonteSS
Recognized Supplier
Recognized Supplier
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Group Membership:
Vendors
Registered users

Postby tromo009 » Feb 05 2020, 7:20pm

How do I calculate the tire ratio. There one that is asking for that or do I just leave that alone
tromo009
Year: 2009
Extra Info: 1500 z71 6.2L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Hep » Feb 07 2020, 11:17pm

roorancher wrote:Yes, Tim.....I did it a few weeks ago in a fit of madness when trying to reload my tunes after a warranty visit to the dealer and all I got was error codes.
This is a known problem with the tuners. In fact, Powerteq will tell you never to unplug the cord. Also, the new I3s have a non-removable cord. No connector.
When it happened to mine, I called Powerteq tech support and they issued an RMA and I sent it in for repair. They replaced the unit and the cord at no charge, and I had it back in less than a week. (They still gave me an older model, but told me never to detach the cord.)

When you call them just prepare to be on hold for about 30 minutes or so....I think there's only 1 guy in tech support.

If there's one guy, you caught him in a good mood :lol: I just got off the phone and after I explained what happened. The guy tells me send it in there will be one waiting to send back. It will cost 90 or 99$ so we get to the payment part and I simply asked, this isn't covered under the one year warranty at all. He says its broken, didn't you listen to me earlier. I said you bet, carry on. Not much of a choice if I want this thing to work :lol:
I know a lot about cars. I can look at a car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.-
Asking a stupid question is better than repairing a stupid mistake
Hep
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 7
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2016
Extra Info: Midnight Edition LTZ
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby roorancher » Feb 07 2020, 11:36pm

Was his name "Rich?"

Funny, technically speaking my unit was about 9 months out of warranty, because I bought a Powerteq factory refurb from their Ebay site for just under $200.00, and it only had a 90 day warranty, which expired about May 1, 2019.

I'd say that it was time to send them a "nastygram."

2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition

91300 miles 3/1/20

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker-Winjet/DD HIDs pending

Diablew Tune
roorancher
Topics: 85
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 06MonteSS » Feb 07 2020, 11:36pm

There's more than 1 person hahaha... there are several...

if it's been less than 1 year since you purchased it, and you are the original purchaser who bought it brand new, yes diablosport has a 1 year warranty, and it wouldn't cost you anything, except maybe shipping it to them.. contact Mike Litsch on Monday at [email protected] - he's the tech support manager and will get it taken care of...

But yes, if it's been more than 1 year since you originally purchased it, and if you were the original purchaser of it brand new, then yes it will cost you $99...

If you bought it used/second-hand from someone, then no... used/second-hand tools are not covered by any warranty at all... doesn't matter if that person only had it for 1 month.. you don't get the remainder of the warranty, since you bought it used, so who knows what happened with it.

If you bought a "Refurbished" tool from them directly, then it only has a 90-day warranty...
06MonteSS
Recognized Supplier
Recognized Supplier
Group Membership:
Vendors
Registered users

Postby Hep » Feb 07 2020, 11:48pm

I bought it new from you Lew on march 9 2019. I don't remember his name... but Ill never forget his voice :lol: He was actually pretty decent, just surprised me with the "didn't you listen to me" part. took me back to my childhood for a minute lol. Thanks for the info though Lew
I know a lot about cars. I can look at a car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.-
Asking a stupid question is better than repairing a stupid mistake
Hep
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Topics: 7
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2016
Extra Info: Midnight Edition LTZ
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users
PreviousNext

Return to Performance Tuning