jQuery not supported.

ECM and stand alone loom

Forum rules
This is a forum for computer performance upgrades only. If what you are asking about is a physical accessory, it should not be in another forum category. Performance accessories such as intakes should be in "Engine" and when you want the growl, that should be in "Exhaust". Thank you for your understanding in keeping our forums clean and understandable.

ECM and stand alone loom

Postby grumpy old man [OP] » May 24 2019, 5:39pm

Haven't been around for a while, been waiting for an ecm and stand alone loom. I bought a '15 silverado off of an insurance lot and plan to install the L83 and six speed auto into my '63 Catalina convertible. I do not know if I can mention the name of the crooks but they are in Ovid Michigan. I sent them my ecm and $1100.00 mid March and am still waiting. They will not answer a phone call or e mail so as they are in Mi. and I am in So Cal. there seems to be little I can do.

The swap into the Pontiac is strictly for mileage, it presently wants premium fuel at 12 MPG, so I have some questions on that issue. the variable displacement, should I keep it functional or take out all the variable hardware eliminating a potential source of breakage. I plan on driving this thing to the end as I do not have another build left in me.

Back to the ecm and loom, is there someone RELIABLE AND HONEST out there that I can contact for another ecm and loom? This thing was supposed to be ready for summer but............... To state the obvious I also need someone that has a reasonable turn around time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Original Poster
grumpy old man
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 12
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: ECM and stand alone loom

Postby MIKE91BMIKE91B is online! » May 24 2019, 8:28pm

Current performance wiring is out of Florida. I have installed two kits from them on vette projects and they have worked great. They do list a kit for the LT engines but no price. You must call them. The LT engines are more complicated to transplant then the LS is. Not from the installation standpoint but the calibration side of things. Talk to them they can guide you in the right direction. As for AFM. Junk the lifters and tune it out.
2015 Reg cab, 2wd, 5.3l, On3 single turbo, E85 conversion, 4.10 rear gear, and HP Tuner software.
MIKE91BMIKE91B is online!
Automotive Technician
Automotive Technician
Shifting into Fourth Gear [L3]
Shifting into Fourth Gear [L3]
Topics: 10
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users

Postby grumpy old man [OP] » May 25 2019, 5:28pm

I will give them a call Monday and see what they can do. Thanks much.
Original Poster
grumpy old man
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby grumpy old man [OP] » Jul 07 2019, 12:39am

So I am finally starting to actually install the L83 and 6L80 into the Indian. This is going to require a lot more surgery than I anticipated. It looks like the entire transmission hump will need to be rebuilt. Compared to the Roto-hydrmatic and Jetaway that the hump was designed for this 6 speed is huge. Also going to need some surgery on the frame horns to be able to get the truck radiator and condenser between them. Fortunately it is just where the bumper mounts so will probably need to build some custom bumper mounts and just spread the frame horns.

The issue I need help on is when I do get it in and running I will need someone that knows what they are doing to tune this thing. Don't know if I can do a mail order tune on this one. Does anyone know of someone in the Los Angeles area that is qualified and competent to do this. I have looked it up on line and have driven by some of the places I have found and so far am not impressed. Admittedly it is impossible to judge by appearances but I haven't driven by anything that I would be willing to try with something that is reputed to be as touchy as the direct injection is reputed to be.

Thanks in advance for any help
Original Poster
grumpy old man
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Performance Tuning