jQuery not supported.

Multiple Car Tuner????

How can I tune multiple cars with one computer?
Forum rules
This is a forum for computer performance upgrades only. If what you are asking about is a physical accessory, it should not be in another forum category. Performance accessories such as intakes should be in "Engine" and when you want the growl, that should be in "Exhaust". Thank you for your understanding in keeping our forums clean and understandable.

Multiple Car Tuner????

Postby shakenfake [OP] » Jul 14 2019, 3:39pm

Does anybody know anything about software for tuning multiple vehicles? I have yet to find anything on multiple vehicle tuning software and only see things that are married to the car such as the SCT X4. I saw something from hptuners about being able to purchase a license for $100 every time you need to do a new vehicle but I can't find if you need to use the same hand held device and you can only plug it into one car or if you need more than one? :-x :-x

Sorry if I have some information incorrect but I am extremely new to tuners but the mechanic shop I am working for asked me to find out about doing multiple car tunes so we could start doing it in the shop. :mrgreen:
Original Poster
shakenfake
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 9
Year: 1999
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L V8
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Multiple Car Tuner????

Postby 05Canuck » Jul 14 2019, 3:43pm

The Diablosport i3 Platinum supports multiple tunes but it costs with each tune...but yes you use the same device.
05Canuck
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 53
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2017
Variant: High Country
Extra Info: 5.3 CCSB
Group Membership:
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby shakenfake [OP] » Jul 14 2019, 3:46pm

05Canuck wrote:The Diablosport i3 Platinum supports multiple tunes but it costs with each tune...but yes you use the same device.

And when you use the same device I can take it off the vehicle? For example I tune a silverado and I keep the device and then tune another car with the same device so now I have two tuned cars that stay tuned when device is not connected?
Original Poster
shakenfake
Topics: 9
Year: 1999
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L V8
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 05Canuck » Jul 14 2019, 3:49pm

shakenfake wrote:
05Canuck wrote:The Diablosport i3 Platinum supports multiple tunes but it costs with each tune...but yes you use the same device.

And when you use the same device I can take it off the vehicle? For example I tune a silverado and I keep the device and then tune another car with the same device so now I have two tuned cars that stay tuned when device is not connected?

Correct. With most hand held tuners your are uploading the tune into the ECM/TCM. Just remember the stock tune (factory settings) are saved in the device itself. Once the tune is uploaded there is no need to have the device connected to the vehicle.
05Canuck
Staff Member
Staff Member
Topics: 53
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2017
Variant: High Country
Extra Info: 5.3 CCSB
Group Membership:
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby dav2no1 » Jul 14 2019, 8:38pm

Here's my Q&A post that may answer some basic questions for you..

Diablo InTune Questions and Answers
2012 SILVERADO LTZ 5.3L -4x4 -6 Speed -Bilstein- K&N -Borla- Line.X -GM Steps -LEDs-Diablew Tuned
1964 C-10 383 Stroker -12 Bolt Posi -Custom Holley 650 -Hurst Shifter -Stan's Headers -2 1/2" duals w/H pipe-40 series Flowmasters
dav2no1
Topics: 30
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2012
Extra Info: 5.3L LTZ 4X4 6 speed
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Postby apcnc » Jul 14 2019, 10:21pm

HP tuners is most likely what you want to look at if your tuning for customers. Maybe SCT. Diablo has a program for shops to get the tuning software I believe but I think it's quite expensive comparably. You would need to contact them and compare cost vs your capabilities.
apcnc
Topics: 19
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLT CC 4X4 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Performance Tuning