jQuery not supported.

Slight rpm surge after letting off gas after Diablo tune?

Forum rules
This is a forum for computer performance upgrades only. If what you are asking about is a physical accessory, it should not be in another forum category. Performance accessories such as intakes should be in "Engine" and when you want the growl, that should be in "Exhaust". Thank you for your understanding in keeping our forums clean and understandable.

Slight rpm surge after letting off gas after Diablo tune?

Postby hallcs [OP] » Oct 19 2019, 12:21am

Last night after receiving my new Diablo i3 Intune 8245, I successfully updated the tuner (connected to my PC), rebooted and checked again for updates until there were no more and I was told the unit was up to date. I connected to my truck and carefully following instructions installed the 87 octane tune, turned off the speed limiter and also installed the firm shift. After I went back in and modified the AFM/DOD to off, being careful not to change any other parameters, I did not even look around. Truck runs great and seems ok but I started to notice when I let off the gas pedal completely I get a rpm surge. At first I felt it, it was enough I thought that was weird, so I started watching the tach, no matter how slow or fast Im going when I let off the gas pedal completely, the rpms will surge anywhere from 50 to 150 rpms. Is this normal and I just never noticed before? Has anyone else experienced this? This truck is a 2016 Silverado 1500 5.3L with 20k miles
Original Poster
hallcs
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 9
Year: 2016
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 4WD 5.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Slight rpm surge after letting off gas after Diablo tune

Postby hallcs [OP] » Oct 19 2019, 12:25am

Sorry just to add, it is constant, and not intermittent. Also I have a Lew tune coming after I get my 150 miles in. Not too woried about this right now just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
Original Poster
hallcs
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 19trax95 » Oct 19 2019, 12:37am

They will all do that to some extent. All the k2 trucks I've driven, tuned or not, will have a small bump in rpm when letting off or getting on the throttle.

It's much more noticeable when driving with a light foot.

However, you'll probably notice it tone down once you let the trans learn. It takes a bit to let them do so. Usually after a week of driving itll start shifting real good. Sometimes when you initially flash a tune or what have you, the trans will be sort of clunky and shift odd until it learns.
19trax95
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 115
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2017
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L Z71
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby hallcs [OP] » Oct 19 2019, 12:50am

Thanks for the info. matter of fact I was trying to drive with a light foot. Even with the canned tune it runs so much better now, I was trying to see if I could get the MPGs back up. Before the mods I had a light foot, after the CAI and exhaust it seemed like I had to be heavy footed for it to run normal but now that I have the Diablo tune it is smooth like silk again so yes I was taking it easy on the pedal to see. Im looking forward to my Lew tune. Thanks again....
Original Poster
hallcs
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 19trax95 » Oct 19 2019, 12:53am

Drive how you normally do otherwise it will learn to shift driving with a light foot and will shift like a turd when you jump on it.

I drive hard and get decent fuel milage given what I've got done to the truck.
19trax95
Staff Member
Staff Member
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby hallcs [OP] » Oct 19 2019, 1:03am

Thanks for the advice, I will do that. I am enjoying the truck so much more now after the tune. The mods made it sound good but it seemed like it was always wanting fuel. The Diablo tune brought it all together, like a different truck now, very responsive to the pedal now. I will stop looking at my MPGs and just start enjoying the ride. Thanks
Original Poster
hallcs
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 19trax95 » Oct 19 2019, 1:13am

Lews tune will make it even better Haha.
19trax95
Staff Member
Staff Member
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby 06MonteSS » Oct 24 2019, 8:37pm

Every time you install a tune (or disconnect the battery), all of the learned items like idle, airflow, fueling/fuel trims, emissions readiness tests, transmission shifting adaptives, etc. all get erased/reset... It takes days/150+ miles to be put on for everything to be relearned by the ECM/TCM and settle back in again....
06MonteSS
Recognized Supplier
Recognized Supplier
Topics: 49
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2014
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Variant: SS
Extra Info: 14 Camaro 2SS-RS LS3
Group Membership:
Vendors
Registered users

Postby roorancher » Oct 24 2019, 8:46pm

06MonteSS wrote:Every time you install a tune (or disconnect the battery), all of the learned items like idle, airflow, fueling/fuel trims, emissions readiness tests, transmission shifting adaptives, etc. all get erased/reset... It takes days/150+ miles to be put on for everything to be relearned by the ECM/TCM and settle back in again....

So, Lew, I replaced my battery a few weeks ago....Do I need to reload your tunes? And should I hook up the I3 to my desktop and let it update first?

Thanks!

2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition

82,500 as of 11/1/19

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker

Diablew Tune

Security by Rock Island Armory
roorancher
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Topics: 59
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2015
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby roorancher » Oct 24 2019, 8:47pm

roorancher wrote:
06MonteSS wrote:Every time you install a tune (or disconnect the battery), all of the learned items like idle, airflow, fueling/fuel trims, emissions readiness tests, transmission shifting adaptives, etc. all get erased/reset... It takes days/150+ miles to be put on for everything to be relearned by the ECM/TCM and settle back in again....

So, Lew, I replaced my battery a few weeks ago....Do I need to reload your tunes? And should I hook up the I3 to my desktop and let it update first?

Thanks!

Oh forget it..I saw "erased" and then "relearned."

2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition

82,500 as of 11/1/19

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker

Diablew Tune

Security by Rock Island Armory
roorancher
Topics: 59
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2015
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users