jQuery not supported.

Bowtie/Bumper Color Change

Gold bowtie to black, chrome bumper to white

Re: Bowtie/Bumper Color Change

Postby Machster69 » Sep 27 2012, 12:22am

my white sample is a little tainted but you get the idea...
Attachments
black.jpg
white.jpg
Machster69
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 107
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 5.3 SLE 2wd
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users

Postby JTAsdcs [OP] » Sep 27 2012, 5:06pm

Machster69 wrote:I will definitely darken it for you, I personally think it kinda looks close to plasti dips color there but I can take it down a shade. I can also do the white, but that pic is kinda tainted with sunlight? And it is not a big deal...

To be honest, I have never used plasti dip so I was just making it up in my head to be darker. I think what you already did looks sick and if that'll be similar to plasti dip, that's good with me! I am still interested in seeing it slightly darker, and don't even worry about doing the white!

Thanks Again, it looks good
Original Poster
JTAsdcs
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2012
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 2012 GMC Sierra JRL » Sep 27 2012, 5:33pm

Machster69 wrote:Photoshop cs5

You can also try gimp, it's free and open sourced

FYI - I read on CNET that the newest version of Photoshop will not work on windows xp if anyone cares....
Mods: Curt class 3, PRO.TRAXX 4" Nerf Bars, LED flr lights, 2'' RC level kit, 285/70/17 Toyo Open Country AT II.
2012 GMC Sierra JRL
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 27
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Extra Info: Ext. 1500 4.8L G80
Group Membership:
Registered users

Bowtie/Bumper Color Change

Postby Machster69 » Sep 27 2012, 6:22pm

JTAsdcs wrote:
Machster69 wrote:I will definitely darken it for you, I personally think it kinda looks close to plasti dips color there but I can take it down a shade. I can also do the white, but that pic is kinda tainted with sunlight? And it is not a big deal...

To be honest, I have never used plasti dip so I was just making it up in my head to be darker. I think what you already did looks sick and if that'll be similar to plasti dip, that's good with me! I am still interested in seeing it slightly darker, and don't even worry about doing the white!

Thanks Again, it looks good

Um i Already had done it and posted^^^^
Machster69
Topics: 107
Year: 2010
Extra Info: 5.3 SLE 2wd
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users

Postby JTAsdcs [OP] » Sep 30 2012, 5:20pm

You must have posted it right as I was typing back! It looks GOOD!! I really like the white, but I'm gonna give plasti dip a try cuz it was my first thought and when I see other trucks with the white bow tie I haven't liked it as much, but it looks good! Thanks Machster I'll post a pic of the finished product
Original Poster
JTAsdcs
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to Photochop Phorums