jQuery not supported.

[FAQ] Did not receive confirmation email after registering

What to do if you never received email confirmation activation key.

[FAQ] Did not receive confirmation email after registering

Postby SilveradoSierra.com [OP] » Aug 29 2011, 3:11pm

We receive dozens of emails per day from users having trouble registering so hopefully by compiling a topic that explains a few things and answers some common questions that number can be reduced.

After registering an account, users are presented with a page that looks something like this:
registration_confirmation.gif

**** BEFORE YOU EMAIL THE STAFF ****
1) Please check your spam folder for your confirmation email. It sometimes winds up there.
2) Please note, it can take up several hours for you to receive your email confirmation.

Because of the amount of email (topic notifications, registrations, blog subscriptions, etc.) that our mail server is responsible for sending, there might be a delay in pushing out the email queue at times of peak email traffic. Please be patient.

After waiting at least 3-4 hours and checking your spam folder, if you still have not received a confirmation email for your new account or for an email address you added to your already existing account, please email a member of our staff.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Original Poster
SilveradoSierra.com
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 31
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: [FAQ] Did not receive confirmation email after registeri

Postby 2011Denali » Jul 01 2012, 2:19pm

funny i had to register twice because it wouldnt send to my AOL screen name
2011Denali
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: Denali
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: [FAQ] Did not receive confirmation email after registeri

Postby KBacon » Aug 17 2012, 2:10am

Took whole day to get mine activated... But registered for GMFS the day before that... And I'm still waiting for the confirmation email... Was starting to get worried my emails weren't getting through or something... Even went back & double checked my email servers & settings!!!
KBacon
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Topics: 16
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: Silverbirch ECSB Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Site FAQ's

Common search terms

registering still email receive confirmation starting hopefully number sometimes added hours double amount checked several name took getting mine looks back check might least already things member whole

It is currently Oct 23 2019, 1:32pm

• Sponsor
Login  •  Register
Site FAQ's Forum
Please check out the frequently asked questions about the site here. There are many questions answered about the site itself and a few HOT, common topics.
To create a new topic in Site FAQ's, click this button:
Previous topic Next topic
Sitewide News Sitemaps & Feeds