jQuery not supported.

BDS Glide-Ride leaf springs questions

BDS Glide-Ride leaf springs questions

Postby RideThisChevy [OP] » Jul 08 2016, 2:47am

So I'm curious as to who on here is running these BDS Glide-Ride lifted leaf springs? Only reason I have been looking into them is after I installed my 5" RC lift I've noticed under heavy acceleration right around shifting from 1st to 2nd I have a good bit of axle wrap. Now I know some of you will just say drive like a normal person and you won't get axle wrap but at the end of the day I want to be able to use the power I have available when I want. Mostly it's only merging an on ramp to the interstate! I was in contact with BDS and they said it will help immensely with my axle wrap issue(I'm assuming because in my case I'll be trading a 5" block that came with the lift to a 1"), I just want to know from you guys who run them if you would agree with them before I pull the trigger?

Since I have an NNBS 1/2 ton I'm looking at part # 001559.

Also I know traction bars are an option as well but I'd prefer to go to smaller blocks and if I can eliminate the axle wrap in doing so as well and possibly achieve a better ride with these springs I'm going that route first.
Original Poster
RideThisChevy
Automotive Technician
Automotive Technician
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 6
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2012
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L z71
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users

Re: BDS Glide-Ride leaf springs questions

Postby ricka182 » Jul 08 2016, 3:23am

JLarsen45 has the BDS with GlideRite kit on his truck. I'm pretty sure hes said it's a great ride, but you could PM him to ask directly.
2006 Silverado 1500
Atomic Coilover Conversion - Viking Warrior/PAC Springs
RCX 6" lift
Cognito UCAs
American Outlaw Bandit wheels - 17x9/-10
BFG A/T KO2 - 285/70/17
Corsa DB Catback
New Pic coming soon

Illegitimi non carborundum
ricka182
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 171
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2006
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Z71 5.3L V8
Group Membership:
SilveradoSierra Guru
Global moderators
Registered users
Servicemen

Return to Suspension