jQuery not supported.

Clicking in the steering rack

Clicking in the steering rack

Postby MTJ75 [OP] » Nov 09 2019, 1:18am

Was there a thread or discussion about a clicking noise while turning the wheels at a slow speed? ‘17 truck with 2” level. I thought I found one but now cannot.
I believe it talked about the level putting stress on the electronic steering rack.

I am having a slight clicking sound and am debating removing the level. Don’t want to because I like the level but don’t want to make things worth. Anyone else had to fix this lately?
Original Poster
MTJ75
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 16
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2017
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Clicking in the steering rack

Postby Rambodog » Nov 09 2019, 4:36pm

I had a 2.5" level and developed a clicking soon after installing. I went to a 2" level and the clicking has just about stopped. I hear it faintly every once in a while. Most of the time I don't hear it. I haven't heard anyone "having" to fix it. Mine has been making some form of noise in slow maneuvers even if barely for 60k miles now. I don't even pay attention anymore. I think it's the angle the lifting of the truck puts on the steering shaft. Truck and shaft go up, but the rack stays so the angle gets steeper for it. That is my theory. If it breaks, I will fix it.
Z Gloss/Undercoat-Leer-AVS-BedRug-Morimoto-Winjet-Lamin X-Kenwood-Rockville-Focal-Rockford-Sundown-Lewtune-Llumar-Airaid-TeamRXP-Diode Dynamics-Halo-DynoMax-Carven-PowerStop-Toyo-Moto Metal-American Racing-WeatherTech-AMP-Fumoto-Moog-Amsoil-Mobil1
Rambodog's 2014 Silverado 1500 5.3 Build
Rambodog
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 58
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2014
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 1500 LT 5.3 4X4
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Global moderators
Registered users

Return to Suspension