jQuery not supported.

Is my height stock other than front cranked? 01 2wd 2500HD

Is my height stock other than front cranked? 01 2wd 2500HD

Postby ONR Shane UK [OP] » Jun 05 2013, 8:03pm

is my truck stock height, I know front has been cranked up to almost level, it just seems high for a 2wd but then I've struggled while fitting 285/75/16 which I've read would go on without issue.. I've had to trim bumper, wheel splash guard and still hitting on firewall side of arches.

Thing is I want to go up 2" but don't know what I have now.. there is no blocks in rear or anything obvious.. I'd be pretty upset if I order stuff and end up lower than I am or the same....

I've struggled for replies on all my posts so far, not sure if I'm doing something wrong or its just a quite group, can anyone advise a 8.1 or 2500HD group? as I'm looking for detailed advise on electrical next
Original Poster
ONR Shane UK
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 5
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2001
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: 2500HD 2WD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Is my height stock other than front cranked? 01 2wd 2500

Postby 19trax9519trax95 is online! » Jun 17 2013, 3:03am

To me it looks like it's stock. Are there torsion bars or are they coil overs?
19trax9519trax95 is online!
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 128
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2015
Variant: High Country
Extra Info: 2500 Duramax
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby Erki » Jun 17 2013, 3:33am

like you said already it appears to be leveled by way of slight lift in front. looks about same height as my 4wd 1500hd, maybe a little taller if those are 285's on there. Mine didnt have a block or anything in the rear either.
Erki
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 17
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2006
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500HD 6.0L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ONR Shane UK [OP] » Jun 17 2013, 11:13am

19trax95 wrote:To me it looks like it's stock. Are there torsion bars or are they coil overs?

its torsion bars on front.... thanks for replying guys had given up

I just want a further 2" lift if poss without breaking the bank and not impacting on pulling my 1989 Newmar 32' 5TH WHEEL

BUT due to poor E-bay ads its so confusing what will actually fit as one company says one thing then another conflicts the previous, obviously in the USA its no biggy, wrong item arrives either send it back or resell... here the truck is so rare I'd struggle to resell and return would be out of the question due to excessive shipping and already paid import duties (approx. 30% of total value)

I WAS LOOKING AT http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tuff-Country-Chevy-Silverado-2500HD-2001-2009-2-Lift-Kit-w-rear-add-a-leafs-/390599858122?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5af190d7ca

But Summit tech were no use.. they simply read there text and said no it would not fit, personally I fail to see why not... another site lists it as it DOES fit a 2500HD 2WD... What gives lol!!

I also wonder if the shackle looking thing on my leaf spring rear mounts are standard or not? as they sure look like something I've seen giving a 2" rear lift...

I will need more on the rear due to 5th wheeling and not wanting to look at the sky....
Original Poster
ONR Shane UK
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby RIPPEDK20 » Jun 17 2013, 6:56pm

that kit looks like it will fit just fine..

measure the width of your springs. if its the same as the add a leaf then go with it.

Sometimes since summit racing deals with a huge array of everything, their support people are clueless. much like other places like Jegs for example. you dont have to be an expert if your reading off a computer.

Somethings they are good for.

I see no reason why it wont fit. though if your torsion bars are cranked up it wont give you much more then you already have. you can crank them up more with the lift keys but you will find your maxing out your steering and your ball joints.

if it were me I would find a lift spindle/ knuckle that gives you lift. instead of keys.. (my personal opinion) this wont mess with pre-loads or getting your t-bars adjusted correctly again And your alignment will be easier since the control arms stay in the same spot

be aware that both will change your steering geometry and you will need an alignment regardless..nows a time to upgrade your upper control arms to higher angle ones and beefier steering components
RIPPEDK20
Topics: 129
Year: 2005
Variant: SS
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ONR Shane UK [OP] » Jun 18 2013, 12:33am

Thanks for the reply RIPPEDK20 very helpful info..... will look into these lift spindles
Original Poster
ONR Shane UK
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Suspension