jQuery not supported.

Off-Road Suspension

Looking for the best Off-Road suspension with decent travel. And decent price range.

Off-Road Suspension

Postby ryanhuggins__ [OP] » Feb 13 2020, 9:40pm

Hi guys in mew to the form and have been looking for one for while and this one jumped out at me. I have been looking at off-road suspension kits. I want to go off budget and theres lots of options and i would like some opinions. ICON, King, Bilstein, Rough Country etc. Im looking to make my truck a half pre runner basically. and i wanted to start with the suspension. Any help and information would be awesome! :D :D
Original Poster
ryanhuggins__
Topics: 1
Year: 2006
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: LS
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L V8 2WD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Off-Road Suspension

Postby kwilder » Feb 13 2020, 10:29pm

Save up and go fox factory, if you actually want to go off-roading. King is good too, Bilstein is a more budget friendly option, but if you want the prerunner look, DO NOT cheap out on shocks.
Occasionally someone sells a slightly used set of shocks on this site, but if you have an 06 it might be a little harder to find the right part.
kwilder
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 24
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2018
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: All Terrain
Extra Info: 6.2L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ferraiolo1 » Feb 13 2020, 10:34pm

Depends on how much lift you want. If any. And how much you want to spend. I’ve had a set of fox 2.5s and didn’t like the valving. I have cst ones now. Much nicer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SierraHarley: So lets gets this straight.... your opinion is people shouldn't post their opinions and people should be able to do whatever they want although you're telling people that have a difference of opinion what they should do?
ferraiolo1
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 99
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2017
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: Z71 5.3
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Postby plant.one » Feb 14 2020, 8:04pm

knowing what kind of budget you have in mind, along with your build plan, will help folks here give you the best recomendation on bang for your buck.

the problem is - someone elses "budget build" may be at the "omg theres no way i can afford" that price point.

by at least giving folks an approximate realistic budget to work within will possibly save you a bunch of posts with useless recommendations.
08 silverado 1500 LT Z71 4x4 CrewCab
Stage 1 Cam, DOD/AFM Delete, Performance Valve grind, Port/Polished intake/exhaust, custom tune.

StormTrooper

Plant.One's 08 Stormtrooper build
plant.one
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 13
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2008
Extra Info: 5.3L Z71 4x4 Crew LT
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Bradley21sandersBradley21sanders is online! » Feb 14 2020, 8:12pm

Like already mentioned, let us know a budget and what you actually plan to do with the truck that way we can give more tailored opinions.. a nice pre runner front end suspension could easily cost $5,000.00

Also since you mentioned pre runner check out this build.

surfnride's Truck Build

Diablew 89 tune----------------------Halo Lifts Coilovers
Flowmaster original 40 series------4.56 gears/Eaton Truetrac
285/75r17 Falken Wildpeaks--------Deaver mini pack
Bradley21sandersBradley21sanders is online!
Topics: 49
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2009
Variant: LT
Extra Info: CCSB 1500 5.3L 2WD
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Postby jjs405 » Feb 15 2020, 12:19am

Take a look at http://bds-suspension.com/ May cost a little more but sometimes you do get what you pay for in a better engineered system.
jjs405
Firing on 7 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 7 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 5
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2014
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Adam Ratatat » Feb 17 2020, 5:42am

There are several companies that will rebuild Fox Suspension if you go that route. I used to have a F**d Raptor and had a company in California set my shocks at Mid Perch for me and rebuild the shocks for about $650. You get Viton Seals and a good product for that price. If you can come out of pocket the initial $2,000 (Give or take) and buy a new set of Fox 2.5's you will get great performance and cheap rebuild on them. I did a good amount of off-road driving as well as getting some airtime with no issues.

2020 Chevy Silverado LT Trail Boss
Adam Ratatat
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 5
Year: 2020
Variant: LT
Extra Info: Trail Boss
Group Membership:
First Responders
Servicemen