jQuery not supported.

Power steering

Power steering

Postby jdwilson11 [OP] » Nov 05 2019, 9:43pm

I ordered a new power steering pump about 5 months ago, worked great but I started getting a leak from my steering rack which I found out was a TSB, no big deal I'll just replace that. New steering rack arrives, I watch a video on how to replace it, everything installed just fine. I did my best with the tie rod ends but I knew I would need an alignment. I started the engine, bled the system, everything felt great, smooth steering until I started to take it around the block and the steering got real stiff. I am stumped, tried to continue to bleed the system, flushed out the power steering fluid, put all new fluid in, not any clue. I am going on a road trip next week and would love some input on a solution ASAP. Thanks
Original Poster
jdwilson11
Topics: 5
Year: 2007
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: LTZ Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Power steering

Postby jdwilson11 [OP] » Nov 07 2019, 3:20am

**Update**
I am getting a new power steering pump friday, the old one was under warranty and it was the only thing I could think went wrong after it worked for a minute and I lost power steering. We'll see what happens, hopefully this fixes the steering problem. If not could it be the brand new steering rack or am I missing something else?
Original Poster
jdwilson11
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Walkers » Nov 07 2019, 7:55am

Hard call. Replace the pump then post the results.
Walkers
4x4 High Mode [L3]
4x4 High Mode [L3]
Topics: 48
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2013
Extra Info: Ext cab 2500 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby jdwilson11 [OP] » Yesterday, 1:42am

I replaced the power steering pump, no change. Is there some kind of nut on the rack to tighten or loosen the steering? And could the steering being too tight cause a leak from the rack where the ps lines connect to it?
Original Poster
jdwilson11
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Suspension