jQuery not supported.

1920’s Chev Grille in New Zealand - what’s it worth?

Chevrolet grille vintage restoration parts valuation honeycombe radiator
Forum rules
Topics that are unrelated to Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra trucks. Discuss any appropriate topic that is off the subject of trucks. Please do not post topics that request support for your pickup here. If your post has anything to do with truckin' it will be moved into a more appropriate category. Post counts are not incremented in the Junk Drawer.

1920’s Chev Grille in New Zealand - what’s it worth?

Postby Duke Blackwood [OP] » Sep 16 2020, 8:48am

Hi Guys, Im a member of this forum from New Zealand. I had to sell my 1994 K2500 awhile back due to the birth of my second child (the trucks are extremely valuable here) and I miss it desperately. But the reason I’m messaging this evening is that I’d like some help putting a value on an old Chevy grille I’ve got. I believe its from a 1927-29 pickup? It has a honeycombe radiator. My grandfather was somewhat of a hoarder and when he passed away a few years ago I was able to pick a couple of things from his shed. It was my intention to blast and powdercoat the grille and hang it on the wall, but I’m starting to feel guilty that it could be used on a restoration and a bloke down the road has registered an interest. Before I give it away, can you guys give me a rough idea what this would cost to buy? It has surface rust but is in otherwise salvageable condition. Thanks for your help - you are so lucky that your country makes awesome trucks. And bikes. And guns. My country makes Lord of the Rings, milk and wine... LAME.

5B450779-BBB6-4C58-914C-C175AA2EC84A.jpeg

293C6D90-CD3A-4C74-BC8A-25A8C3CF6CBB.jpeg
Original Poster
Duke Blackwood
Topics: 4
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 1993
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 2500 6.5L Turbo 4X4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: 1920’s Chev Grille in New Zealand - what’s it worth?

Postby Onlyina_Chevy » Sep 16 2020, 10:04am

Trucks made in America? You mean like H***a and T****a? Cuuuuuuzz the SIlverado and Sierra are made mostly in Mexico. Less than half of the total production of trucks is assembled in Fort Wayne and Flint.

As far as your grille, I have know idea, but I think I'd try to clean it up a little bit if I were thinking of selling it. Because it's all about money, ain't a damn thing funny.
Tracy likes to be man-handled
Onlyina_Chevy
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 303
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Location: Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains...usually in the form of a tornado.
Year: 2009
Extra Info: Sounds fast
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Servicemen
TOTM Winner
Global moderators
Registered users

Re: 1920’s Chev Grille in New Zealand - what’s it worth?

Postby Bradley21sanders » Sep 16 2020, 3:15pm

just depends on the market. I bet you would fetch more from someone trying to restore a vehicle and in need of it.

Here is a listing that was just the steel shell that looks like it sold for a lot.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1927-Chevrolet ... 3139424380

But others I found for just the shell were in the $300-400 range
134,800 as of 9/22/20
Diablew 89 tune~Halo Lifts Coilovers (2 1/2")+1 1/2" Zone Body lift~RC Forged UCAs~Carven TR~4.56/Eaton Truetrac~285/75r17 Falken Wildpeaks~Deaver mini pack
Bradley21sanders
Topics: 55
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2009
Variant: LT
Extra Info: CCSB 1500 5.3L 2WD
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Return to Tailgate Talk