jQuery not supported.

Thinking of selling my truck. Whats it worth??

Forum rules
Topics that are unrelated to Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra trucks. Discuss any appropriate topic that is off the subject of trucks. Please do not post topics that request support for your pickup here. If your post has anything to do with truckin' it will be moved into a more appropriate category. Post counts are not incremented in the Junk Drawer.

Thinking of selling my truck. Whats it worth??

Postby jyamaharider713 [OP] » May 05 2016, 1:29pm

ok, I currently have a 2006 GMC Sierra 1500. Its Short bed extended cab, Black, Full leather, With bose system, heated seats, Just rolled over 100K so I would say 101K on it. Not rot or rust, No accidents clean title.

For aftermarkets:

Rough country leveling kit
1.5" body lift kit
20" XD rims with 33" MT's
Wheel spacers
Oem Fender flares
After market Radio
Full SLP exhaust cat back system also has SLP headers,
Factory GMC cold air intake
New style rear bumper
Aftermarket tail lights and headlights with halo rings,
Rino lining in bed

Just replaced the brakes in the truck also.

Bought the truck 6 months ago from an older gentleman, It was all stock when I bought it, I purchased it with 86K, Drove it all Highway, Went from Rhode Island to Florida and back. I love the truck just want to upgrade to a Duramax.

What do you guys think the truck is worth. I bought it for 15,000. Then put all the work into it. I know I wont get when I put into it but could someone give me an estimate on what they think the truck is worth?

Im considering selling the truck. I really want a Duramax.

Thanks in advance!
Original Poster
jyamaharider713
Firing on 7 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 7 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 38
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2006
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 4x4 5.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Thinking of selling my truck. Whats it worth??

Postby ricka182 » May 05 2016, 2:56pm

I'm not an estimator in any way...but my guess would be about $12K, if you can find someone who wants what you have done to it. Example, I wouldn't buy a truck with 20" wheels, not my style. So most the aftermarket stuff is unfortunately hard to factor in.

Also, has the truck always been in New England? If so, it has rust more than likely by the cab corners and rockers. I live in MA, also have a 2006, and I had rusted rockers last year. So unless the old owner did something before you got it, chances are the rust is right under the paint waiting to break through.
2006 Silverado 1500
Atomic Coilover Conversion - Viking Warrior/PAC Springs
RCX 6" lift
Cognito UCAs
American Outlaw Bandit wheels - 17x9/-10
BFG A/T KO2 - 285/70/17
Corsa DB Catback
New Pic coming soon

Illegitimi non carborundum
ricka182
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 178
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2006
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: Z71
Extra Info: 5.3L V8
Group Membership:
Servicemen
SilveradoSierra Guru
Global moderators
Registered users

Return to Tailgate Talk