jQuery not supported.

2007 Silverado heater/AC: changes hot to cold vice versa

2007 Silverado climate control system.
Forum rules
Members are not permitted to create threads within this forum. Only site staff members can post new topics. If you have a TSB that you would like to submit, please e-mail a digital copy (no text only) to: [email protected].

2007 Silverado heater/AC: changes hot to cold vice versa

Postby cfytech [OP] » Feb 10 2021, 7:16pm

Issue is that the heater or AC face outlets may work ok at first but then spontaneously change over to defrost outlet, and usually change from hot to cold or vice versa. Have replaced both actuators (blend door in heater housing and the one under the steering column.) Each time an actuator is replaced the heater/AC system works normally for a few days then reverts back to goofy behavior. Temp gauge steady at 12:00 oclock. Plenty of heat or AC air when it does work.

Sometimes I can get it to work correctly by if I set temp sliders to cold for 30 seconds, then back to hot. Then I hear blend door changing sounds and air comes out of selected face outlets. Sometimes changing outlet selector from face outlets to defroster then back to face outlets gets warm air back to face outlets. But it may or may not change on its own back to defroster after a few or several minutes, and usually changes from hot to cold as well. I'm told defaulting back to defroster outlets is a fail safe, get you home behavior for safety reasons.

Last mechanic says it might be the temp controller, but these are pretty pricey at 400-500 new plus labor.

Anybody know where I can get a diagram of the climate control circuits for a 2007 Silverado Classic, 4.8L, first half year model (with old style dumb ignition key)?
Original Poster
cfytech
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Classic
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Technical Service Bulletins

Common search terms

silverado cold versa heater vice changes year both system works might control replaced sounds door pretty first work back issue last change

It is currently May 08 2021, 7:32pm

• Sponsor
Login  •  Register
Technical Service Bulletins Forum
Technical Service BulletinsTechnical Service Bulletins, or TSBs, are recommended procedures for repairing vehicles. This forum is still in development and with the help of our members it will get better and better.
To create a new topic in Technical Service Bulletins, click this button:
Previous topic Next topic