Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently bought my truck and I was looking to put a little pep in its step. My nephew has a 93 mustang and he has a little work done to it but nothing drastic. We raced today and he was able to beat my by 2 1/2 car lengths in the 1/4 mile. Usually I would be content with that cause its a truck versus a sports car but I can't have the Chevy go down like that. Now in this race I did have about 1000 lbs of wood in the bed but I would like to still beef up the truck. I have a Corsa exhaust on it now. Looking to get a laptop tune done by January. What else have y'all done to beef up the 6.0s without getting to crazy?

· Supr Moderator AutoTech SS-Guru Mbr Extraordinaire
2015 High Country Duramax
20,657 Posts
That 1k in the bed definitely didn't do you any favors.

But common mods are tunes and intakes. You have the exhaust already. Headers would be good as well.

That's about all without getting into the motor or adding boost.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

· Supr Moderator AutoTech SS-Guru Mbr Extraordinaire
2015 High Country Duramax
20,657 Posts
Useless on these motors. The only motors they worked on were carbs and tbi. Otherwise they literally do nothing. And here's why.

With carb and tbi fuel systems the fuel and air mix in the throttle body, so a spacer let's the fuel and air mix better.

With the fuel systems these trucks have, all the throttle body does is meter the air going into the motor so a spacer only makes that air have a further distance to travel.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.