Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all.

I'm in the same boat as the OP. My bed is rusting through on both sides, around the inside of the taillamps, and along the top rails. It's not worth fixing, and good 6.5' beds are very scarce (unless you want to spend $3500). I also would like to get the corner step bumper from a'14+ truck-I'm too old to climb that high lol.

Does anyone know if the mounting bolts for the bed and bumper are close, or if this will be a ton of fab work? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
"No dont do that why do you want to do that stop." Lol. I've had my share of that here too.

Doesn't look bad and I'm sure you have your reasons for wanting to do it. If you're a GM truck guy, your eye goes right to the difference in fender opening shape and that is the only issue IMO but most people won't focus on that. I love my 07 which I got from my dad when he picked up a '15 and I admit, I actually prefer the K2 styling. Hopefully they redesigned the way they mount the bed from 2007 which exposes the mounts to direct road filth and rusts them solid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
"No dont do that why do you want to do that stop." Lol. I've had my share of that here too.

Doesn't look bad and I'm sure you have your reasons for wanting to do it. If you're a GM truck guy, your eye goes right to the difference in fender opening shape and that is the only issue IMO but most people won't focus on that. I love my 07 which I got from my dad when he picked up a '15 and I admit, I actually prefer the K2 styling. Hopefully they redesigned the way they mount the bed from 2007 which exposes the mounts to direct road filth and rusts them solid.
[/QU

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kinda have to smitty27. My bed is shot. It cannot be patched in anymore, there is no structure left. Even the rails are gone. You can’t find even a decent one around here. And if you do there’s a bidding war over something that needs pounded out and patched after you pay 1800 for it. I drove 5 hrs to and 5 hrs from to pick up a complete rust and dent free 2014 bed and gate today for 700. Shapes and lines be dammed it’s going on the truck. I felt like I won the lottery when I found it. Now that’s the real shame of it all.

·
Administrator
6,134 Posts
Go for it. Do a write-up on it with lots of pics.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts