Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Silverado LT double cab V6 Automatic
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son bought a new 2019 Silverado 4wd, and loves the truck..he came to me in August and complained about poor fuel mileage,rough idle, shutter....no codes, still under warranty...took it to local Chev. dealer and they diagnosed a bad torque converter. that was 12 weeks ago! he has a loaner (Toyota corolla), but its snowing and its deer season...He was very patient but thats running thin!! We spoke to service dept, sales ect...that's about a waste of time!...Covid,supply chain, ect ect...Has anyone here seen anything like this ???...My truck is a 2018 with 28,000...they told me to get the fluid changed soon....do they know something here? any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Yes, we see it all the time as of late, since the Wuhan Flu struck anyway. Computers, hoses, lifters, etc. Our country put too many eggs in the wrong baskets.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
My 2015 had a lifter tick..bent push rod from lifter locking up. They pulled both cylinders and replaced all the lifters and vlom parts. But...took a month with waiting on backorder parts. Luckily I have a good warranty and had a loaner the whole time. That was earlier this year around May.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd rent a Ford and drive it down there to check on his truck, but I dont think they would give a darn about that.. there are plenty of Dipsticks available at that Chevy dealer!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anything can have a failure! thank goodness....I was a HD truck mechanic for 40 years.....but a torque converter replace is not that large!....parts for it are all over the aftermarket shops...come on GM, you can do better

·
Registered
2009 5.3l 6l80
5,866 Posts
did this to my grandfather once.. he went anyway that season. Turns out a car is a bit lighter so you just need to go faster through the mudholes.

Turned it in cover in mud on the outside and some on the interior from getting in and out.

Though I dont suggest that in in todays time.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Anything can have a failure! thank goodness....I was a HD truck mechanic for 40 years.....but a torque converter replace is not that large!....parts for it are all over the aftermarket shops...come on GM, you can do better
GM Dealerships can't use aftermarket parts.

Reactions: tsuintx

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Right on the aftermarket parts...If it had not been warranty ,, the truck would have had a new torq converter a long time ago(non GM)...Warranty only replaces the failed part, I get that, but at some point could they pull one from assembly?? for customer good will

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
UPDATE.....start of week 14 and dealer just called to say truck is ready!...he will pick it up after work, he's happy and I hope its repaired properly
Let us know how she is in a few days.

Reactions: BABYSITR
1 - 15 of 15 Posts