Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Truxedo Lo Pro QT for my '13 Silverado through a Truxedo authorized retailer. All parts were in great shape, but the setup consisted of 2 standard clamps for clamping the middle of the tonneau rails to the bed rail, and 4 longer clamps, 1 for each stake pocket. This was weird since their website has photos of 2007-2013 generation Silverados with this exact same tonneu, but the tonneau rails aren't clamped to the stake pockets. What made things worse is that my truck has a factory installed bed liner. I would've had to cut the bed liner in order to make this setup work. I called up Truxedo and they graciously offered to send me 4 standard clamps. I asked if utilizing standard clamps throughout the bed rails would void any warranty, and they stated "no."

I just wanted to let anyone with a '13 who's looking into purchasing this tonneau know of the hiccup you may run into.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. This is the first bad comment I've ever heard about those covers.

·
Registered
174 Posts
yep, i figured out the same thing when i was planning on running bed real covers with no stake pocket holes. They offered to send the regular clamps for free. They told me they started using the clamps on either end that go in through the stake pockets b/c some people were complaining about the regular small ones bending the inner bed rail lips some, but either clamp works great. I ended up no running the bed rail covers and the new style clamps work awesome and keep everything nice and snug.

This problem wont just be specific to the '13 model trucks, its just a design change truxedo has gone with on all nnbs tonneau covers.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got the clamps yesterday! Not too shabby since I ordered them only 5 days ago.

I was gonna wait to wash the bedliner, but I was too excited to put the tonneau on! Looks great. Very sturdy.

The tonneau isn't exactly a steal at $500, but I guess only time will tell since Truxedo offers a lifetime warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.