Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2.5 rough country level, icon has a sale 1400 for coil over and rear shocks. but i was thinking for that price ill just get a mcgaughys 7inch or fts. just looking to see real experience with people that have installed and or used both brands or what do you recommend...

2014 silverado 1500 double cab 4wd.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
You will need to spend another $600 for ucas if using coil overs. It depends what you want out of your truck ride quality or lift. I think my coil overs are the best money I have spent. And I didn't want lift being that I regularly use my bed. With the lift all you're doing is dropping your stock suspension and not really improving your ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know ill have to change my uca. i just don't know which route to go. i run 20x10 wrapped in 33s and the rough country level doesn't work it rubs. i really don't feel like changing uca the icons coil overs say if you cut the bump stop it isnt required, but wrenching for 10+ years i know the only way to get a nice alignment and properly do it is to change the uca. i dont use my bed for much i usually use the 8ft diesel for towing or when i have to use a truck for work this is more just a daily mall cruiser sadly with a cam and some goodies

23,197 Posts
Your stock UCA will actually hit the coil at droop. It's the same for all the 2.5 coil overs. And cutting bump stops is a bad idea if it's a 4wd. You can also add a 1.5in body lift like I did. So with my coils set at 2.5in and the 1.5in body I have more than enough room. You can also add those coil overs to a 6in lift for the best of both worlds.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is why i am leaning towards a lift kit just don't know what brand to go with..everyone has cons and pros just trying to figure out who has had better luck with what

23,197 Posts
Another thing to consider. Your 33s will look silly with a 6-7in lift. And if moving to 35s then you have a regear issue if you want to retain the same power.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i know all of this... and it doesn't look that bad with 33s. and i have 3.73 conversion sitting on the shelf at the shop just haven't got around to doing so. i was also going to procharge it

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think im just going to go with the icon its on sale anyways, just trying to decide if i get their uniball or the cognito arms probably cognito since uniball will just get salt in them

· Registered
18 Posts
So, was wondering if you ever did the Zone 4.5" lift. I have a 2014 I am planning on lifting and was interested in doing the Fox 2.0 at the same time. Not for the lifting but to help smooth the ride. Indecisive and the longer I contemplate what I want to for, the more this shit is going to cost. Also, did you do any spacers for the front or rear? I know the Zone widens and he front track 1.5" each side in the front. Don't believe the Same happens with the RC lift. Great truck. Keep up the good work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.