Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wats going on guys I just started another build , currently have a 07 1500 ltz that I did a thread on dying the seats to a burgundy red from tan, that trucks pretty much done and about to be for sale. I picked up a 2017 1500 LTZ Z71 it got hit pretty good on the driver side front , the frame rail up front was damaged bad the hoods fine somehow bumpers headlights rad support all the good stuff is damaged so is the front driver A-Arm Also the driver bedsides dented pretty bad , truck also had a oil cooler line break in the accident so it leaked oil bad. All that said the truck did start but didn't drive due to a control arm being bent, I picked her up for a unbelievable price so I went with it. I've sourced pretty much every part I need I got the front frame and a new bedside to star with, I have a really good frame guy who has been doing my cars for years so the parts were sent to his shop and the trucks in my garage currently but will make it to him this week.

When I got it home I immediately started taking what was left of the front end apart, the fenders hood rad support the radiator all that stuff was removed and I started a parts list. Forgive me if I'm all over the place

I decided The boring black heated and cooled seats were boring so I sold my interior and sourced a High country interior from a guy found in here in TX I'm in Ohio. My plan was/is to swap the interior get that all right then get it to frame guy let him do his thing on the Bedside and frame and when I get it back just throw it all back together. The high country interior I got included everything but the dash and door panels so I found a dash local just picked that up a few days ago had to work tonight but before I left I spent a hour removing the old dash.. I'm gonna post a bunch of pics staring from when I first got the truck about 3 weeks ago until tonight when the dash is in the process of being swapped... as I get more work done thread will be updated I think it will be cool to have the only z71 ltz high country lol or maybe someone has done this before ? Should be fun guys enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
the brown dash looks nice, I cant wait to see it all done

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you brotha I appreciate it , I always find myself getting into these crazy projects lol but I will get a pic as soon as I have the dash back togather I'm having a time trying to find this airbag harness now

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally got the airbag harness I needed and got the dash installed all the seats are bolted down and installed , I was unaware that the dash doesn't come with the glove box or the trim piece over the speedometer so I still need those and the trim pieces on the sides of the dash, after those trim pieces interior should be pretty much done. The headliner , a pillars and b pillars I'm gonna do something cool with stick around to see that, MANNNNN!!!! taking this dash apart is such a mission lol never wanna do that again haha but well worth it she's on the way to being done

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry guys been away for a little while I got a new iPhone and lost all my pics so I don't even have any pics of the whole frame process and ext.. I still upload what I have though, the trucks almost ready to pick up and soon as it's home I can start ordering the rest of the parts and get her back together .... thanks for all the love in advance

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
Dang the pictures were not backed up to the cloud?

The highcountry interior is by far my favorite for sure.

·
Registered
2012 Silverado 2500HD 4x4
1,964 Posts
WOW! That's one he ll of a project! Interior looks great! The truck is going to be really nice when completed! Great job. Really looking forward to following this build.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you buddy appreciate you , it's a pretty big project I love to do it on top of the the money I'm saving lol I'll post new pics soon just what I've retaken

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I apologize if my pictures are out of order but again I got a new iPhone so I'm just trying to piece together the ones I can recover..

Here's how the truck sits down or as of a few days ago I got the fenders and the radiator support so now he will finish doing his framework welding then I should have it back in less than a week so I can put it together and start her up for the second time,

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,912 Posts
Yowza! Might want to cover the throttle body to keep rain and critters out of the motor.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol yea that was taken off strictly to take the pic , it's all typically covered... it's definitely not just chillen out like that

·
Registered
2009, 2500HD, 6.0 L, 4x4, Ext Cab, Alumn FlatBed
323 Posts
This is how I have always gotten what I wanted. Buy it broken or smashed and build it my way. Ok, it has turned into a life of projects but I got what I wanted. :) Only a few more to go.

Must be an Ohio thing :)

GREAT work...

O H . .

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
4,442 Posts
Nah.....we do it in Texas too....
Too many projects, too little time....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Larry-Cleveland said:
This is how I have always gotten what I wanted. Buy it broken or smashed and build it my way. Ok, it has turned into a life of projects but I got what I wanted. :) Only a few more to go.

GREAT work...

O H . .
Lol nice man and must be a Ohio thing , I've came up on a few nice deals and have a few nice toys because of my DL access and all my personal cars are rebuilt title except my fiancé's impala just because that's for her , I can't imagine ever paying what these trucks and cars actually cost

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
roorancher said:
Larry-Cleveland said:

GREAT work...

O H . .
Nah.....we do it in Texas too....
Too many projects, too little time....
What you working on roorancher

·
Registered
2009, 2500HD, 6.0 L, 4x4, Ext Cab, Alumn FlatBed
323 Posts
Boy that time thing is going to kill me... :)

Three big house projects and four car projects to go. Keep telling myself NO MORE! I do need to finish this so I can enjoy life before that time runs out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Larry-Cleveland said:
Boy that time thing is going to kill me... :)

Three big house projects and four car projects to go. Keep telling myself NO MORE! I do need to finish this so I can enjoy life before that time runs out.
Whao man sounds like you got your hands full lol , I go to kinda ... I've got my 07 m6 to finish getting ready it's currently in my garage waiting on wheels to be Powdercoated , then I've gotta get some paint work done because I'm anal , then I've got my YFZ 450 to finish and rebuild the top & bottom end and another car project so yea hands full this way haha

1 - 20 of 61 Posts