Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
MTJ75 said:
Nice work on the brown interior. Looks great
Thanks buddy I thought so to , I just created me a trim package lol , I like how the high country's come with the brown interior but the brown carpet is like a tad bit to much so I like it with the black carpet contrast , I'm excited to get this thing back from my frame/body guy and start getting it put together

·
Premium Member
2016 LTZ Midnight Edition
434 Posts
I like that two tone package you created :lol: (Brown/Black) You've got me thinking now ;) :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
I dig it. My truck looks like it was hit similar to yours was. I think for interior, I'm going to try katzkin seat covers to see how they work out. Price isn't too bad on them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hep said:
I like that two tone package you created :lol: (Brown/Black) You've got me thinking now ;) :D
Lol uh oh ... watever your thinking do it haha , hold on but what are you thinking ? Lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
bk2life said:
I dig it. My truck looks like it was hit similar to yours was. I think for interior, I'm going to try katzkin seat covers to see how they work out. Price isn't too bad on them.
I like those , those are super cool .. what color you going with ? And you have any pics of your damage to your truck?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
That looks awesome. i love the high country seats and dash. ugh, i dont want any more projects, haha

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Haha thanks buddy but yes it was a PITA to swap the dash lol I my fiancé came in my garage and seen the trucks dismantled and said what in the Silverado is going on here haha I said baby trust the process lol

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
Wish I could do that interior in mine :lol:

full on dreaming about it yesterday at lunch

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Here's a few updated pics my body guy sent , progress is a little
Slow now as he's a one man team and other jobs get in the way , mines isn't a super rush considering I have 3 other car projects and a motorcycle and Atv to finish so I'm not in a super rush , he says next week should be the week for sure so once I get her back I'll take better quality pics but here's what i have for now..

Fenders and rad support are mounted to check and make sure that all lines up perfectly..

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
OK GUYS . Sorry for the long delay with a update but things have just been crazy my way and just as I stated before I have to many projects to count lol.. so update on the truck is It's finally back at my house I had to call a few different junk yards to piece to gather some high country door panels but I did so I got those installed a few days ago, I also got the battery back charged and into the truck and battery tray just kinda temporarily. The hood was also back installed "temporarily " just to protect from the elements , now that I have power and door panels with switches I got the windows rolled up and all the tape and bags and tape residue off the doors so it looks a lot more normal now lol. I'm in Columbus Ohio FYI and there's not enough wrecked newer trucks in this area or even surrounding cities and I literally had to get all of my body parts from junk yards in TX. I had to call the dealer to figure out what type of headlights I have and different options but come to find out mines came with the full led headlights so trying to find those were such a MISSION :oops: , BUT! , they were found finally lol. So at this point I got the full OEM headlights on the way, the OEM grills on the way also along with the OEM front bumper, I wanted to get all the expensive parts out the way first so now all I need is things like radiator and condenser coolant tank a few hoses and some other radiator support things I'm sure but I plan on having her all to gather and running before my front bumper for my ///M6 comes with is Aug 23ish because when that thing gets here it's gonna get all my attention haha but sorry for the long post guys here's all the pics the last ones without the taped up windows is how she sits now..

Any ?s let me know I do have a video I made that I'm saying the same thing just in video format , haven't uploaded it but if enough of you guys wanna see it lmk I'll post it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2016 LTZ Midnight Edition
434 Posts
Boy that's a lot of work but its starting to come together! Looking good ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Thanks buddy appreciate you , Definitely is lots of work but it's super satisfying and I think I love this ish for some reason lol .. I'm also super cheap and I just can't pay what they want for these trucks. My frame and body guy did most of the real work , it's all nuts and bolts mechanical on my end which I can do that no problem , can't wait until it's done though so I can drive this thing

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Sorry guys I thought I uploaded these pictures here is just a minor update just some pictures of the parts that came in , got the headlight fitted just to see what it looks like , I wanted to get all the expensive parts out the way so now it's just things like the expansion tank for the coolant and a few other small items like a brake booster and small things like that to get her up and running definitely making progress hope to have her running and paint it by the end of the month wish me luck lol

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
What's been up guys ? Trucks coming along I've been trying to get parts ordered still it's hard to find parts in these covid times I guess but I almost have mostly everything I need , then it should be a few days of installing stuff and bam

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
** MAJOR UPDATE **

hey guys I’ve been working super hard to get this thing together , put the rest of my projects on hold to get my baby finished lol . So for starters I finially got the headliner out currently stripping the padding off of it to send to the upholstery shop so it can be wrapped in a light colored alcantara close to the piping color on the high country seats, the light tan. The A pillers and b pillers will also be wrapped in alcantara.
Gas Wood Composite material Bumper Flooring
Rectangle Gas Metal Composite material Font
Rectangle Gas Metal Font Automotive exterior

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Also went to my local auction since I’m a auto dealer and have that access to see what all parts I was missing from the front end , found out about the shutter assembly and a few others, I’m pretty sure I have everything at I need at this point. The 2 bolts that hold the radiator support to the frame are a week out so I have temporary ones in there now just to hold it all in place and once the actual bolts come I should be able to just swap those out and get that finially bolted down. Most of my parts have came so at this point it’s time to just get them all installed, I’m not actually bolting anything down at this point I’m gonna just hand tight the bolts until I get the radiator support bolts then I I’ll tighten them up but everything will be already in place and just ready to get tightened. I’ve gotta go back to auction next week to see how all the lines and harnesses are routed and make sure it’s all OEM looking because I’m super anal about stuff like that PLUS if a harness is suppose to go under and not over it will end up being a problem when it comes to plugging something in so that’s where I’m at.. the last pic with the header piece was taken today. My plan is to have her started and running on her own power this weekend I got all new hoses radiator fuse box like all of it just to make sure there are no issues , I’m sure I will have to work out some bugs and kinks but I’m totally cool with that. LMK what you guys think
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Asphalt
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Road surface
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Motor vehicle Gas
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Just a little picture I put together just to show the progress and put it all in perspective can’t wait till she’s done can’t tell you how many hours I’ve spent on gmpartsdirect.com comparing part numbers and making sure I order the right parts lol definitely all worth it though at the end I will tell you guys exactly how much money I am into this thing

·
Registered
2009, 2500HD, 6.0 L, 4x4, Ext Cab, Alumn FlatBed
320 Posts
Looking good. But remember that Fall starts on Wednesday. :)

21 - 40 of 61 Posts