Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I got a little bit more work done the other day trying to get the fenders gaps to lineup was kind of a mission nothing is permanent at this point I’m sure once the hood is on I will have to do lots of adjustment.. I wanted to set the grill and hat light on to get a idea of how everything went lineup and it seems to be lining up pretty damn good , The gap at the fender and the Apple or MB pillar is the best I could possibly get it right now just to finish marking up the front radiator support and the rest of its components
Tire Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Got lots of more work done yesterday, there was about 2-3 harnesses that I had no clue where they went / how they are routed 1 end up being the harness for the 2 front O2 sensors , another was for the rack and the last one I’m pretty positive is for the front diff. My front differential isn’t here yet but I checked the pic of the one on the way and it’s a 3 pin connector and looks similar and shape so I’m hoping that it lol otherwise I have all the harnesss routed the OEM way I went to auction and carmax and took pics and videos of another Silverado to get how the harnesss were all routed. At this point I only need a washer tank resivor the fog light harness and a few others which I will order today, the headlights didn’t work the last time I tried to plug them in when I first got them but there was a harness that ended up having a few wires ripped so I spliced them back togather and now they work :) , I’m super happy with the way it’s coming along I should have her running this week. I couldn’t start her just yet the green harness that goes to the fuse box houses the pin for the starter and mines is missing from the harness connection but I have a kit on the way to remove the 2 pins from the harness and get them repinned then I should be able to get her started .. STAY TUNED GUYS wish me luck OHIO winters coming so gotta get done ASAP!
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive side marker light Vehicle Grille

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
4,429 Posts
Coming along great!
Are you going to paint before that Ohio winter? (I'm assuming you'll take the headlights back out?)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Thanks buddy and yes the lights will be the only thing coming back out the bumper will get fitted and taken off again for paint along with the grill and bumper lower valance, and yes it’s definitely getting paint before then it will be up and going painted in all in a few weeks or less

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Looking good. Sorry if I missed it...are those stock headlights? Like the interior, similar to my 2015 LTZ, except mine has mocha seats.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Steering wheel

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Thanks buddy I appreciate it , and yes headlights are stock there just full L.E.D. , it was impossible for me to find the parts I needed in the color I needed so I had to settle for chrome and just have them painted. Your interior is super nice, your interior is the color that when I’m trying to find parts for mines it shows up lol . I’ve never seen that combo completely and all to-gather but I like it , the high country interior is apparently called “mink” while yours is mocha and it’s darker. I definitely like it though

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Car seat cover
That's funny, because I like the darker color of your interior. This one definitely looks better in person than in pictures. It's growing on me..
Settled for the interior color because this truck is highly optioned. Other than a sunroof it has everything a high country does(including 6.2) and cheaper to license and insure..

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I definitely wouldn’t call it a settle I think that interior is pretty sick I imagine because my interior definitely looks better in person also but again that interior is super nice man already grown on me LOL what’s the outside look like is it stock or have you done anything cool to it ? I already have some cool ideas on what I want to do to mine as far as the exterior goes but winter time is approaching fast so there is no point of doing all of that until that’s over

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Yeah that’s what I’m doing I’m going to do a Alcântara suede to match the piping on the seats I’m just prepping the headliner so my upholstery shop can wrap the headliner & the A pillars and B pillars, they told me how much it would be if they did all the prep work and I said no way I can do the prep work myself and I saved a significant amount of money so here I am lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I also didn’t notice for a while that there was some headlight trim missing but I found a set on eBay they are red in color but again everything will be painted black, i’m literally waiting on some OEM pins from Delphi to come they are the people that make the harnesses/connectors for the GM vehicles so I can repin the two pins from the harness under the fuse box and then I can start the truck I believe, One of the wires is for the starter
Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle Wheel
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
2016 LTZ Midnight Edition
434 Posts
coming along nicely. Cant wait to see it when its done!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Thank you , me either buddy it’s going smoothly for the most part , a few hickups here and there but not many

41 - 60 of 61 Posts