Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so after trying to decide between a whole lot of tires and rims and stuff, i decided to replace my old 265 BF goodrich all terrains with brand new ones but the 285's. I like the look of the 285 better then the 265 thats forsure, but i would like to get some cheap, but non stock rims. I could plasti dip the rims but ive always found plasti dip doesnt hold up well in the winters. I have completely stock suspension, but with the 285/70R17 tires on stock rims. I would like for my tires to stick out a few inch's, but not to much to make it look funny. I believe this is negative offset, correct? I really like these rims in the link below, and they are prices fairly.

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/b ... /overview/

A few questions!
- Will these work with my tires i have now? i believe my rims stock are 8" wide, is that right?
- it says 4.5" back space, and 0.00mm offfset, What does this mean?
- Would that be enough offset compared to my stock rims to achieve the look im hoping for? I dont want to be super wide, only an inch or a few wider then the fender.
- Finally, These would fit fine for a silverado ( 07 classic ) , correct? I ask because the weight rating said 3000 lbs

Does anybody have pictures of these on a truck i could look at? Or some pictures of offset rims around the same offset would be nice to be able to see how it looks!
What does 4.5 inch back spaceing look like?

·
Registered
74 Posts
So...backspacing refers to the distance from the inner edge of the rim to the hub mounting surface and is measured in inches. I'm not exactly sure what stock backspacing is for a 1500. Offset refers to how much the center line of the wheel deviates from the mounting surface and is measured in mm. I believe stock offset for a 1500 is. So I believe, if you get wider rims to accommodate larger tires, the backspacing should remain the same and the offset will be a negative number. That said, I may have fried my brain trying to grasp this concept. So, double check.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
144 Posts
Stock offset is like +35mm, and backspacing is a little over 5" if I remember right.

·
Registered
2014 LTZ 5.3 6 sp
6,878 Posts
Here's another little chart they may help you >>> I am running - 12 offset 17x9 inch wheels and the tires LT265/70R17 stick out about 1 inch maybe only 3/4 so 0 MM offset and 8 inch wheels may not achieve your goal >>>

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 LTZ 5.3 6 sp
6,878 Posts
My truck has a 2" levelling kit as well and they still rub a bit reversing due to the weight transfer at full Lock steering and I did trim the plastic Valance on the corners about 1/2 inch.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have winter tires which are going on the factory wheels. I need a set of wheels that will look decent with the factory all seasons but also when those are burned off and replaced with a close to factory size A/t and 2" level kit. I like the way it looks on your truck but I probably won't go with quite that much offset.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.