Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. Looking at Xd Spy or others in a 17 X 9 with a - 12 offset. 265 70 17 Michelin tires similar to stock tread. Any chance this will work or will the rub be too severe? Anybody with this combo please chime in. I'm sure a 285 would be a no go with the negative offset but I was hoping 265s might fit with just a 2'' Leveling kit. Anybody know for sure? Thanks. Truck is an 07 NBS Silverado crew 4x4.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd like to go bigger but the stock tires are probably 75 percent. I figured I could go bigger next time. I guess I'm going to install the leveling kit first and make sure the tires don't look too small in there.

·
Registered
2014 LTZ 5.3 6 sp
6,878 Posts
I have LT265/70R17 BFG AT's on 17 X 9 MO955's with -12 offset on a 2010 that came with 265's . I had installed a 2" levelling kit and the tires still rub a bit when reversing at full lock steering due to the weight transfer >>> Just a minor contact >>> I'm not sure what the difference may be in NBS and NNBS body though ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
07 NBS as in 07 Classic or 07 NNBS?
07 NBS should fit a 285 without a level so even with -12 offset you might be alright with the 285.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's the 07 New Body - not a classic.
You all seem pretty confident the - 12 offset is no problem with a 265. I thought for sure it would take some trimming at least.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wayne58 said:
I have LT265/70R17 BFG AT's on 17 X 9 MO955's with -12 offset on a 2010 that came with 265's . I had installed a 2" levelling kit and the tires still rub a bit when reversing at full lock steering due to the weight transfer >>> Just a minor contact >>> I'm not sure what the difference may be in NBS and NNBS body though ?
Do you have a couple pics? This sounds like exactly what I wanted to see.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks dude. Those pics made me much more confident in running a negative offset. I love these wheels but I've only seen them on ebay. Monster energys:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.