Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 1994 Sierra extended cab with a 383 Stroker in it (350 4L60-E tranny) and the transmission doesn't shift into third. I don't know what the problem is (before you ask, I was aware of that issue when buying the truck), it could be the 2-3 shift solenoid, clutch issue, linkage, etc. The shifter is pretty loose, I don't know if that matters or not linkage wise. It's sort of limp if that makes sense. 1st and 2nd still work great, so does reverse and 4WD, but it doesn't shift up into third.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
You can get to the shift solenoid by dropping the pan and crawling under. The job sucks being above you but its a 20 dollar part on ebay and if it doesnt work then you will probably have to pull the tranny and rebuild or at least put in a new pack and clutch, (but if your dropping it out you mines well just rebuild it since its a 94 with a stroker) and you allready have new solenoids so its not a loss. The linkage to my knowledge should only affect getting into gear so if you can kind of jiggle it and ge it to pop into drive your fine but its gonna fail soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.