Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 1995 Chevy Silverado C1500 Short Bed Stepside pickup I'm fixing up. It has an absolutely plain tailgate I do not believe is correct. I have searched high and low and can't get a clear picture of what was or was not on the tailgate of this truck. Can anyone help? A picture would be great. thanks

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have a 95 Silverado but mine is fleetside not stepside. What part are you looking to get pictures of?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah they usually look like that one^ just a little narrower tailgate. Sometimes the bands across the tailgate were black with the "SILVERADO" logo in gold. I'm not sure why some were silver and some were black. It might have depended on trim level or body color that decided that.

·
Registered
171 Posts
No thats aftermarket. I meant to say "CHEVROLET" for the trim band and not "SILVERADO". My bad. I think he's asking about what came on the tailgates from the factory in 1995. I can think of 3 styles for the 1988-1995 years. There is the silver band with black lettering on most fleet side tailgates. The black band with gold lettering was on most stepsides (most I've seen are this). Another style was "Chevrolet" spelled out across the entire tailgate, with the tailgate alone as the background, no band running across. There are also some that are plain with no logos as well. These probably varied from one year to the other as well as trim level causing differences, and if yours is a C1500 or K1500. Many different configurations!
Look here and scroll down part way and you'll see: http://www.southern-truck.com/chevrolettailgates.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the link. Yes, it is all very confusing. I have indications that the Sportside (step side) had both the "chevrolet" open decal and the black band gold lettered chevrolet. <y truck is red and I suspect it had the black band logo, but still not sure. Hard to get straight poop from 20 yrs ago. I really bummed by the fact I can't get a reproduced window sticker.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.